ForumsGames[Necro] Browning Vs Mg 42

23 9116
rockstarjman1
rockstarjman1
30 posts
Nomad

I personally like the mg 42 but the browning is nice. Send me a reply telling me your favorite.

• 23 Replies
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

mg42...altho i do like the brownings sights

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

mg42. it is almost undeniably the best machine gun. it had an extremely fast fire rate,a very large clip (( hmg referring)) and was lightweight (( smaller, more mobile version)) i think ud be in fear of a entrenched crack Mg42 team than u would an american squad with a browning.

SuprSnypr
SuprSnypr
28 posts
Nomad

I like the MG42 better

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

In real life the .30 cal Browning is a fail compared to the MG-42. The MG-42 fires a bigger bullet which delivers more damage. It also has a higher rate of fire and distance. The damage at D-Day should be describe the 42's power.

On the game the MG-42 is still better do to higher rate of fire, but the damage on both guns seem similar which is false.

truck8998
truck8998
2 posts
Nomad

This is the truth from a ww2 history buff, firearms expert and world wars buff

First MG42
I have spent years devoting time and research into this gun. The Maschinegewehr 42 was known for jamming in the deserts and jungles of Vietnam. After 600 rounds u would have to insert a new cooling barrel it would be red hot. because of its RPM of 2000 it had little accuracy and could only be fired accurately with a tripod not with a bipod. And first it was used with karabriner 98K gunner/spotter for shooting out of range targets that the MG gunner couldn't hit. these call of duty gamers you see that go head first into the enemy it was used that way. It was used in static defense not Offensive operations. it was also very uncomfortable with the user too. And the MG42 fires a 7.92mm by 57 bullet it was canceled in NATO because of it being to large. The Browning M1919A6 Fires a 30 Cal bullet. The MG42 is fail compared to the Browning M1919. But the M1919 has a lower rate of fire and better range. But the MG42 could cut down trees and shoot for 2 miles on a tripod. The M1919 could not mow down trees. The M1919 also had copies in other countries and widely accepted to other countries the MG42 did not. The BAR i only have one thing to say It is a failure as a assault purpose weapon because of its low capacity magazine. The BAR is outdated compared to the 1919. The 1919 is outdated compared to the MG42. Im done here

truck8998
truck8998
2 posts
Nomad

do nor lie about the MG42 being a HMG it was A APMG and it had 2 standard ways a 250 round disenigrating link belt-standard and a 125 saddledrum. There im done that should rap it up and along with the BAR could only be fires from the hip not anywhere else because of its high recoil

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

If it is Browning, than it is Browning M2.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

This thread is locked for two reasons...

A) No need to revive a thread that died 6 years ago (Necro);
2) No need to revive a thread that discusses real guns/weapons (Topic).

Showing 16-23 of 23