ForumsWEPRAnimal Slaughter

588 143391
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

I my self am a proud veg and im a guy i dont see any thing wrong with that, however my peers constantly put me down for it. I question others about it and some say that animals are kiled to keep the population under control, then shouldnt we do that to humans? are there any other vegetarians on armor? if you are a caravor responding to this please try not to be insultive i get enough from my freinds and family

• 588 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, on the "Essay" section just say "I'll get back to you"

Anyway, Animals are animals, I think you can eat 'em, just respect em. XP

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Skipper, I may get angry but at least I'm not citing a source that's BIASED TOWARDS MY CAUSE. Of COURSE PETA won't admit to doing anything wrong ever. But they have a massive fund that's used primarily to get members who've committed criminal acts out of trouble. PETA members have been known to commit arson, burglary, and attempted murder.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

(offtopic) haha, scholarship applications, dude, maybe you should concentrate on that for the time being. I was going to get stuck in on the statements regarding dietary habits but I think that could probably wait.

In short: it's possible to have an all vegetarian diet and be healthy. In fact it's much easier to do that than to have an all meat diet, but this is tangential. It mightn't work for everybody though- this is still the subject of speculative study.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I was raised eating meat, I like meat, why would I stop eating meat now? Especially when I'm trying to build muscle mass...

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Megamickel, the things that you are saying about animals seem... racist. It sounds like something a white guy would say about African Americans back in the 60s. Is that the kind of person you want to be? I think it's just idiotic to kill animals just so that we can stuff our faces to the point where we look like this:

http://cheeju.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/fattest-man3.jpg

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Of courser they have like That black lady who would no get up off the bus (Rosa Parks) she broke a big law of her time beacuse it was moraly right just like members of peta have and i still dont see any links to prove that what you are saying is true so I think that what you are posting is invaild because it is not truthful

You can still build muscle mass I have gotten much stronger not eating meat I feel very little fatuige, I also was raised on meat till 1 year and 2 months ago. Where you also raised on a high moral standing?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^Is that photoshoop? I take it you're a veg then. Fine. Eat what you want, but don't try and tell me I'm doing it wrong.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

You know, I have no problem with people that eat meat now and then. I have many friends that eat meat. Myself, I have never eaten a piece of meat in my entire life. What bothers me about you is that you see some kind of superiority in yourself against animals. Animals are living creatures, not our playthings, and the things that we do to them are beyond comprehension. Just look here, and this is unbiased, unlike the sources provided by previous posters. Just the facts. [url]http://www.chickenindustry.com/cfi/broilerindustryreport/[/url].

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh, sorry, too tempted to reply to this:

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with eating meat (I just said that earlier), but I'd just like to point out that the whole practice of protein loading by eating tons of meat isn't actually all that much more than cultural hype. First, you can get the same range of proteins from veg (provided you eat the right variety), and even if your body requires a higher protein turnover for muscle repair, it's not nearly as much as would require the majority of your diet to be proteins as opposed to carbs. In the end your body just either passes it on or converts it into what *it* needs anyway, which is more likely carbs and fat.

The end result is that bodybuilders bulk up mainly because they simply put in a lot of energy. And they keep their metabolism going by eating at the right times and more often taking protein shakes and...I could go on technical for a long time but that's quite enough for now. In short, it's not about the overloading your plate with things from the carvery :P

Anyway, this is a side note. Not strictly relevant to the debate at hand.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Ubertuna: the word you're looking for is the recently coined speciesist. Alternatively you could say that Megamickel strongly subscribes to an anthropocentric perspective.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

No Strop it was, ubertuna that was sad i went to that link. We are = to animals beacuse they are better than us in ways and we are better than us in ways
Let me put it very simple for you mega <=humans, >= animals what is the mean or < and > 0 or =

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I'm more against animal cruelty than animal killing, but when the latter is done in excess, or the two are combined, it's even worse. Humans have been using animals as food for thousands of years, but I just think that since now we have alternative food sources to meat, why can't we stop the killing? It's pointless!

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I've just been confused by skippers last comment lol.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

It is the only benifit to it is giving illiagel imagrants a small income to built off of how would be like to be made so fat that you could not move?

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Lets say humans are -100 and animals are 100 or vise virsa in the middle is where we meet! you know like aaaaa... cars for example a ferri would be nice beacuse it goes very fast but a Honda Peraus would be nice as well because it is fuel effeint Just like humans and animals Animals have nice quircks about them and so do humans!

Showing 106-120 of 588