ForumsWEPRAnimal Slaughter

588 143136
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

I my self am a proud veg and im a guy i dont see any thing wrong with that, however my peers constantly put me down for it. I question others about it and some say that animals are kiled to keep the population under control, then shouldnt we do that to humans? are there any other vegetarians on armor? if you are a caravor responding to this please try not to be insultive i get enough from my freinds and family

• 588 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

So I was trying to find out in what way it would end becasue then animals wouldn't be alive!

Hehe still doesn't advance the discussion; if there was neither animal nor human alive, animal slaughter isn't a problem anymore. Right?

But let's say all humans suddenly die/vanish. What then?
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

No matter how it is done? Or would you still insist on certain standarts of animal keeping?

Only as far as those standards affect the food that makes its way to my plate. Otherwise, the discomfort of animals couldn't be further from my mind. For instance, I'm well aware of the treatment of ducks and geese in breeding grounds for foie gras. They are force fed in order to be properly fattened up. I still eat foie gras, consider it a delicacy and enjoy it very much.

Does that make me a callous, awful person? Maybe. But I refuse to give up my comfort on account of the comfort of an animal.

The only dimension we've added to the matter is that 'wanton destruction' you mentioned. So should we actually copy our guidelines for ethical treatment of animals from the animal kingdom?

For the most part, yes. Our ability to reason and make decisions is immaterial when it comes to animals. We need them for food, so we breed them for food. Taking into account the perceived feelings of animals is foolish.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

But let's say all humans suddenly die/vanish. What then?

And if animals live then there will not be any more animal slaughter. Even though animals wil still kill eachother in it's natural procces of life. So there will be animal slaughter still just not in great amounts of killing.
Showing 586-588 of 588