ForumsPopular Media"Wierd" Al Yankovic

121 26552
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Wierd Al yankovic is making supposedly his last album and is releasing new songs on Youtube, but do you think this will be his last and be as good as his earlier work?

• 121 Replies
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

No,Green12324,I think it was "You Don't Love Me Anymore".

Oh ya, it could be that. Dang, that girl actually tried to kill him. According to Wikipedia at least. And it's usually fairly accurate...even if people say it isn't. Haha wow, they recorded 6 seconds of horrible noise after that song on the CD to annoy the listener in case they forgot to turn off the CD player. Him screaming, backwards drumming, and guitar feedback. Dang. Lol sorry I got a bit off topic, but that was interesting. Here's the link.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

You can go on SonicMarios Youtube page to see all his songs up tp his last album. Dosen't contain straight out of Lynnwood. 3 songs coming out on his new album next year.
CraigsList You Can Have Whatever You Like [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNo8LvdOwSk] Skipper Dan[url/] 3rd one is so far his best.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Skipper Dan has a lot more meaning than most of Al's songs.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I love Wierd Al. He is hilarious.

I am actually related to him. If you don't believe me ask my aunt.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Oh, yeah? How eactly are you related to him?

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Not sure exactly but I know that it goes way way back. My great aunt did some looking I guess and found that out. It's pretty cool.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Here's more than you'll ever have to know about Al,the pamphlet that was included with Permanent Record:Al in the Box Here's the link. Sorry for the print,I wish I could make it bolder.

Volclom97
Volclom97
17 posts
Nomad

I love the song Fat (bad)(Micheal Jackson) and weasel stomping day

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Weasel Stomping Day and Fat are good songs from Al's collection.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

No,Green12324,I think it was "You Don't Love Me Anymore".

Yes it was Thank you very much. Believe it or not Wierd Al was the first music artist I ever listened to. I never knew what songs he was parodying, then I looked them up to find out. And it all grew from there, now i listen to melodic death metal =P
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Wow, what a change. Good you like him.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Yes,I too have a feel-good Weird Al story. Before I heard Weird Al,my music knowledge was a little bit of pop and funk,but mostly Classic Rock,because I only listened to my dad's classic rock stations. Since Weird Al has expanded my horizons,I now love hard rock,80's pop and selective rap music and alternative music. If not for Weird Al,I wouldn't have a clue about groups such as Nirvana,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Pearl Jam,or R.E.M. Just a little tidbit.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Hey everybody. I know that the word &quotolka" generally turns people off,but check out "Weird Al"'s polkas. They include a cleverly mixed selection of popular songs of that era,and they sound great without being cheesy. When has an accordion sounded so good?

dagothur1300
dagothur1300
149 posts
Nomad

I'm surprised that no-one here has mentioned Canadian Idiot. Thats definately one of his best songs.

Showing 16-30 of 121