ForumsPopular MediaThe Great Band Debate

125 23323
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

The Great Band Debate is a 32-band contest deciding which band is the greatest of all-time according to users on Armor Games. The 32 bands,which have already been decided,will face off against each other in four eight-team brackets. The winners of the brackets,or the Final Four,will be re-seeded. There will be two polls active at a time.

• 125 Replies
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Update
-------
Led Zeppelin-13
AC/DC-9

Allman Brothers Band-11
Lynard Skynard-7

Eagles-7
CCR-4

Pink Floyd-4
The Who-3

Black Sabbath-5
Metallica-2

Aerosmith-7
KISS-0

While Aerosmith is routing KISS,the rest of the matchups are very close,so continue polling.
P.S. Hey you 500 some-odd people who've viewed this,why don't you vote instead of just rummaging through the forums. Will it kill ya to vote?

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Final
-------
Led Zeppelin-14
AC/DC-12

By a narrow margin,Led Zeppelin wins! They advance to round two,and will take on the winner of the Allman Brothers-Lynard Skynard battle. Thanks for polling,and great job everybody. The other 5 polls are still up and running,so tell a friend,and let's end the first round on a high note!

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

Nice, before I read the finals I was thinking in my head that either AC/DC or Led Zeppelin better win.

I'm happy I know Led Zeppelin will come away with it

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Thanks for voting Lieutenut.
Update
--------
Allman Brothers Band-12
Lynard Skynard-10

Eagles-10
CCR-5

Pink Floyd-4
The Who-4

Black Sabbath-6
Metallica-2

Aerosmith-8
KISS-1

Continue polling everybody,you're doing a great job!

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Eagles-10
CCR-5

I can see it now, people are voting for Eagles just because of "Hotel California"

Keep in mind, band's have songs other than their most popular ones. Keep a variety of each band's song in mind when you are voting.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Final
-------
Allman Brothers Band-15
Lynard Skynard-10

Kind of an upset,Allman Brothers Band will face Led Zeppelin in Round 2.

People,there's polls going on my profile as well. Here's the link to my page. http://armorgames.com/user/Google567

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Update
-------
Eagles-12
CCR-6

Aerosmith-12
KISS-2

Black Sabbath-7
Metallica-5

Pink Floyd-8
The Who-5

Eagles and Aerosmith need one more vote to clinch,and the other two polls are close. Keep voting.

Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

Seriously, google and frylock, since there is a poll you made for this people can check that, you don't need to post current stats every time you get the chance.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Ok,we won't post stats anymore,but we'll post results.

Metallica pulled off a comeback and beat Black Sabbath 22-10. Since Black Sabbath was winning 8-6 last night,Metallica had a lot of unanswered votes overnight.

Aerosmith pulled out their slaughter of KISS 15-3.
They'll face Metallica in the next round.

The Who pulled off the comeback and the upset by beating Pink Floyd 13-10. They'll face the Eagles in the next round.

The Eagles won 16-6,and CCR never really had any chance.

Thanks for polling everybody,and see you tomorrow when Round 2 starts!

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

30-Hour Update
---------------
These polls are going slower than usual,so I thought I'd post the updates.

Beatles-11
Foo Fighters-4

Jimi Hendrix Experience-9
Queen-7

The Police-10
Rush-5

Def Leppard-8
The Ramones-5

All of these matchups are close,so continue telling people to vote for their favorites. Links to the polls are in the above post.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Beatles

Queen

The Police

The Ramones.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Attention:The Beatles,who were once winning 12-5,are now losing 29-12,and I suspect a little bit of cheating was involved. I will not finalize this match until I know what happened. So if there's anyone responsible,please speak up. This smells real fishy.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Foo Fighters are destroying them. I only voted once on all of them.

Def Leppard
The Police
Jimi Hendrix
Foo Fighters

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Ok,now something's really up. The Beatles are now winning 283-104,and the other polls only have 18 votes,so this is really messed up. We're are going to delete this poll and start over because there is no way this is clean.

Showing 46-60 of 125