ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187430
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

Shouldn't this be in The Religion Section?

Oh well, well I will post later on a book I know! Thanks for posting this though.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I'll join. I'll give you reasons on why most of it is heavily exaggerated. And yes you need someone like me if this is going to be a debate.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

The story of creation . . . for me, is kind of confusing. I always thought it happened in the seven days until I found out that this period was most likely spread across millions of years. I also always wondered how Adam and Eve coexisted with the dinosaurs . . . but that also pertains to the spread out millions of years.

devin_is_awesomer
devin_is_awesomer
1 posts
Nomad

Truthfully, I dont believe in debates dealing with God and God's will. But like reality, it happens. I believe the moral of the story of Adam and Eve, is God knows best. If you think about it, in the end, Adam and Eve aren't happy. This is because they didnt follow God's will. If they had, our world would (I think) be sinless. Im not saying it's THEIR fault, humankind is just bound to sin, its in our nature. That's why we need God to rely on. And to trust. Which Adam and Eve didnt. This story pretty much tells us that we ARE sinners and we [b]NEED God in our life, to protect us from evil's (Devil/Satin/Snake in the tree) clutches. Thank you for listening.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Genesis is the most unlikely story. Haven't read it but trust me, I think Lucifer would come in a much more imposing form that a snake. And they lived with dinosaurs? That's new.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Well that's an excellent interpretation Devin. It is true that we need God and without him we would be nothing. I think it is funny how Adam tried to blame God for the sin they comitted by saying, "You gave her to me." Even then after he knew they disobeyed, he still had the nerve to blame the one who created him.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

No TSL3 . . .they didn't live with dinosaurs. God created animals/ creatures before he created man and woman. Since there was spans of millions of years . . . the dinosaurs were already extinct. That's what I have been taught. Also, in Genesis, it explains why snakes slither today. They used to have 2 arms and 2 legs. They used to walk until Satin used the snake to do his bidding. Genesis 3:14 . . ."So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life."

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Which is why we associate snakes with evil. Untrue. And that's quite interesting. What's funny is that snakes once did have legs. They just grew out of them. I'm not very good at debating this book for some reason : /

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

It's okay TSL3 . . . yes it is true that some people associate the snake with evil, but it is not true. They were just a vessel used by the evil one to do his deeds. We all have done things that are not pleasing to God, but he always forgives us.

JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

This is a good idea of a thread snazzy777. I dont know where but somewhere it says that one second to God is a million years to us and one penny to God is a billion dollars to us.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Thank you . . . I just wanted to start a thread about God. Hopefully this will help people to know and understand God and the bible better.

one second to God is a million years to us and one penny to God is a billion dollars to us.

And that is a pretty good way of putting it
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

Oh, that's gonna happen in every religious thread ever put out there...
90 posts
Nomad

Maybe when God created Earth, days weren't the same as days are know. Then, maybe all the dinosaurs died before God created man.

If that goes against anything in the Bible, I take it back. I'm just trying to look at religion without completly ignoring science.

90 posts
Nomad

one second to God is a million years to us and one penny to God is a billion dollars to us.

I just saw that. I agree, that is a great way to put it.
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Out of all the people on Ag I'm surprised there's only 5 Christians. I'm an Athiest so don't spam and troll on my profile.

Showing 1-15 of 1333