ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187550
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

To deserteagle: I understand where you come from. However, I do believe that God saves lives. What of the man who survived 12 nails to his head? What of the woman who was internally decapitated? What of the man who survived a three-foot spike to the brain? People did not save them at the time of the incident, a miracle happened in which they did not die.

As for unfairness, see above post, point #1.

I will be going to sleep now, so I will not answer promptly. Sorry.

IPwnU2Day
IPwnU2Day
395 posts
Nomad

God, as the omnipotent, supreme creator of life and every living being, has a right to take it away in his will. You will say, of course, that this is cruel, but let me use an analogy. If you create something out of Legos yourself, you are perfectly within your rights to smash it. It can be however intricate, but at the end it is yours, and you can smash it.

So god has the right to kill us and that is okay? But people killing people is not okay?
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

"If god was all powerful he wouldn't let innocent people die."

I said that because kirby said:
Yet 9/11 were terrorists with their own agenda, to kill America so God couldn't really have stepped in since free will took over the situation on the plane

I was implying if god was all powerful he most certainly could have stepped in and done something to save peoples lives.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Yes. You do not own the other person's life, you're not the omnipotent one. That is the reason why murder is a sin. It usurps God's right as the creator.

Uesureyu
Uesureyu
24 posts
Nomad

Hey Snazzy, I just got on here today... This was a pretty good idea in my oppinion... I believe that there needed to be a friendly thred with no arguments, or putting down of any sort

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I understand my friend Uesureyu

Well if that debate is over and any previous debate is over, then we will switch to a new topic . . .Noah. It kind of relates to the previous debate. How if God sees fit, then He can wipe out the entire human race if He wanted to. Since Noah was a good, obedient man, who followed the Lord with all his heart, God spared Noah and his family. I can't imagine what it would be like to have such favor from God . . .
People even thought he was insane for building an ark, but he persevered and listened to God and His commandments.

Genesis 6
The Flood
1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those daysâ"and also afterwardâ"when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earthâ"men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the airâ"for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.
9 This is the account of Noah.
Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God. 10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.
11 Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. 14 So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. 15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. 16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. 17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the arkâ"you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."
22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

Sorry i couldnt get here earlier. How do you guys know that some of the people who died didnt do something terrible or would do something terrible. And also it could be like in war, some people need to die to save everyone else, its called sacrifice. Sacrifice is one of the bravest things you can do in my opinion. As for someone saying it was Jon's free will to cross the street. People get hit by drunk drivers on the sidewalk as well and he might of even been driving.

JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

Also someone said that people didnt know anything 2000 years ago, yet in the sites snazzy sourced it shows that stuff in the bible are were proved after the bible was made. This shows that when the bible has truths in it that people havent even realized yet.

sorry for the double post and that they are both kida confusing.

JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

Facts in science dont last very long either. 2000 years ago it was a fact that the earth was flat yet now its a fact that the earth is round. Both are facts. While the bible and our beliefs have stayed the same.

Sorry for the triple post, nobody else is posting.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

Facts in science dont last very long either. 2000 years ago it was a fact that the earth was flat yet now its a fact that the earth is round. Both are facts. While the bible and our beliefs have stayed the same.

The earth being flat is no longer a fact since a fact is something that is known to be true. Everybody knows the world is round

As for Noahs ark, it is mathematically an physically impossible to have held two of every animal on earth along with enough food for all the animals and his family to live off of for 370 days
JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

@ ligaboy thats my point, science is always changing while the bible stays the same. Personally I would much rather believe in what stays the same than something that could completely change any second.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

@ ligaboy thats my point, science is always changing while the bible stays the same. Personally I would much rather believe in what stays the same than something that could completely change any second.

I would rather believe in something that can be proven and is up to date than a 2000 year old book that
JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

I would rather believe in something that can be proven and is up to date than a 2000 year old book that

Yes but if people still believe it after 2000 years dont you think that it would have to make sense and have truths in it? 2000 years ago everyone knew the earth was flat, now we know the earth is round, what will we know 2000 years from now?
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

Yes but if people still believe it after 2000 years dont you think that it would have to make sense and have truths in it? 2000 years ago everyone knew the earth was flat, now we know the earth is round, what will we know 2000 years from now?

People thought the earth was flat for an extremely long time until it was proven false. Just because people believed the earth was flat did not make it a fact. Just because people believe in the bible, doesn't make it true
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

People thought the earth was flat for an extremely long time until it was proven false. Just because people believed the earth was flat did not make it a fact. Just because people believe in the bible, doesn't make it true

And your point is? But just so you know, the Bible does make reference to a round Earth. For example, Isaiah 40:22 refers to the "circle of the Earth"; the original Hebrew in Job 26:10 literally says that God "drew a circle around the face of the waters"; Job 26:7 mentions that the Earth is suspended in space. So your point is on several levels invalidated.
Showing 91-105 of 1333