ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187527
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Really in my "Martydom" thread I got at least 12 or 15 Christians post in it.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since there aren't many more people commenting on creation . . .let's move to the story of Moses. What do you think he was feeling when God was calling him to be the leader of his people?

I believe he was awestruck and he wasn't sure if he should be the one to lead the people of Israel. I think it is a good depiction of how to listen to God's voice and be obedient to his will.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Here's something I can debate. I follow his story more as a massive military campaign as opposed to a book. Of course, he was a murderer, a psychopath, and best of all, someone who listens to talking bushes. One of the best military tacticians ever to boot.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

He was a murder, yes, but God forgave him as he forgives everyone. Psychopath . . . how? God's presence was in the burning bush and he was speaking with Moses in that manner. I don't see how Moses could be a psychopath by talking to God. Also, how does it relate to a military? Please explain TSL3.

Moses and the Burning Bush
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sightâ"why the bush does not burn up."
4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!"
And Moses said, "Here I am."
5 "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." 6 Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
7 The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honeyâ"the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt."
11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
12 And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you [a] will worship God on this mountain."
13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . [b] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "
15 God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, [c] the God of your fathersâ"the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacobâ"has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the warning Kirby =D So what is your input pertaining to creation or Moses?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Psychopath . . . how?

He talked to a friggin' bush. And he thought he received morals from it. Maybe a mushroom trip, but not a divine encounter. . . .

Sorry if that sounded mean, but. . .he was crazy. He talked to a bush.
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Sorry if that sounded mean, but. . .he was crazy. He talked to a bush.

Maybe someone was hiding in the bush, lol.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

It was a bush, but the spirit of God was in the bush. If Moses was crazy, how did he lead the WHOLE population of Israel out of bondage from pharaoh?

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Psychopath . . . how?

Oh, I don't know, he only slaughtered thousands of people. In quite militaristic fashion.

When he was talking to a burning bush, his followers were probably like "Sure Moses, you've probably been burning some bush yourself."

Lololol.
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

but the spirit of God was in the bush

I knew someone was in it.

I'll stop ruining your thread now xP
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

but the spirit of God was in the bush.

And you know this how? Anything besides what the bible claimed?

If Moses was crazy, how did he lead the WHOLE population of Israel out of bondage from pharaoh?

Manic depressive schizophrenia.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Oh, I don't know, he only slaughtered thousands of people. In quite militaristic fashion.

He personally didn't slaughter anyone except the soldier who was messing with the Hebrew woman.

When he was talking to a burning bush, his followers were probably like "Sure Moses, you've probably been burning some bush yourself."

Be careful . . .you shouldn't mock God.

Manic depressive schizophrenia.

Moses had a minor speech impediment. He did not have any form of manic depressive schizophrenia. Even if Moses did, God can use anyone for His will and purposes.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Moses had the Israelites, an yes they were an army, but they were part of the army of the Lord! They were just trying to take back the land they were promised.

HiddenDistance
HiddenDistance
1,310 posts
Peasant

Ah, Genesis.

My personal favorite -

Genesis 20:12

And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

0_o
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I understand HiddenDistance, but that just means she was his stepsister . . .if that makes anything better =D Besides, that's how the Earth was populated. Incest and inbreeding. I know it is messed up in today's standards but not back then.

Showing 16-30 of 1333