ForumsWEPRProject Constellation--Returning to the Moon

13 3876
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Many (I think) people have heard about the U.S. Government's plan to return to the Moon by 2020. I was wondering what AG thought of this plan. Personally, I think that it's just a bunch of propagandic baloney. First off, the U.S. is in debt trillions of dollars to China. Where would we get the money to launch a ship to put people on the moon? (And where would we get the money to build it? It costs $80,000 to ship just one gallon of water to the moon!) Also, it has no purpose but to please the people. It's also very suspicious because the U.S. wouldn't do this unless there was something in it for them. I don't know about you peoples, but I know many people are discontent about the war in the Middle East, and the Government is trying to avert another Vietnam (i.e. the people being very discontent and forcing the U.S. to pull out) by using Project Constellation to distract them.

[b]*NOTE*THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING THE FIRST LUNAR LANDING (at least, not much). LET IT BE ASSUMED THAT WE DID LAND ON THE MOON. (So no debate about that...please)

• 13 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 13