ForumsSupport ForumRatings: 1 point instead of 2

29 5192
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I was looking at the profiles of some of the higher ranking members and I noticed that almost all of them have rated about 600 games. As far as I am aware, rating a game will give you two points, and posting in the forum gives you 1 point. I was thinking, why give somebody 1000 points for going through the site and clicking a whole bunch, whilst spending a greater amount of time contributing to the site community will give less points? I think that it would be a good idea to make game rating give less points, forum posting more points, or both. Does anybody have an opinion on this?

• 29 Replies
IamAlbertWesker
IamAlbertWesker
37 posts
Nomad

ratings 2 points

lamas_own
lamas_own
103 posts
Nomad

i agree with that rateing a game and maby comenting about that isent realy helping that much

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

No way! rating a game should be 1 point. Anyone can just go through and just rate a game. I think forum posts should be 2 points because you actually have to put thought in your comments.

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

Yea your right i was thinking that the other day maybe they will change it

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I totally think this has to work. The forums will get popular I bet just because they are more points. This brings up another problem. People will start leaving pointless comments on forums.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Which is why we have mods...

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yep, you're right ubertuna. Also, the reason why rating a game is worth 2 points is that it was supposed to be used to show how many games the user has played and that's being interactive with the site, but now a days people just rate games without even playing them, so now the points have to be lowered for rating a game, as you have already said.

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Yes because some people just rate games without playing them I like to play games on this site and I must play them before I rate them.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, maybe if there was some sort of timer that wouldn't let you rate a game until you've been on the page, say... 5-10 minutes. That's ussually the amount of time it takes me to come up with a solid, although not merit-worthy, comment and an accurate rating.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Thats a great idea! The timer would make you actually play the game and think of a non-spam comment. I like it!

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

I Agree that forum posts should be worth more but rating should stay at 2 points.

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

who cares? leave the point system be.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

It is much much easier to moderator the forums than the game comments. We can lock and delete a topic rather quickly. Keeping up with 56,000 member's profiles and 650 + games is much harder to catch spam.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

It seems that most people think that it would be a good idea to make forum posting give more points, game rating give less points, or make a timer. Is anything going to be done about this in the near future?

DotKasper
DotKasper
45 posts
Nomad

Rateing a game is really easy, just press a button, ya know. Rateing should be 1 point, and all comments or post in forums should be 2 points. And we should be able to rate Forum stuff for 1 point.

Showing 1-15 of 29