Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Ratings: 1 point instead of 2

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 6:21pm

frozenskull

frozenskull

102 posts

rating 1 point coments 2 points and forum posts 3 points what you think?

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 6:44pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,262 posts

Knight

Acctually, it might make some people get to prince faster, if the points for forum posting are increased. If people make worthwhile posts in the forums alot, which is what I feel should be valued on this site, they will advance in rank. I also brought up the idea of "forum merits" awhile ago, but I believe that it was rejected for one reason or another.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 6:46pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

I like the idea of merits on forums. I have seen people make VERY good posts on some topics. Especially some of the contraversial ones.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 6:46pm

rogue_oeht

rogue_oeht

33 posts

I think they should leave it as it is.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 6:55pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,262 posts

Knight

Well, the response that I got from the mods was that there are vvery many merit worthy posts on the forums, and if forum merits were to be made possible, merits would become a much more common thing on the site, which would cause a sort of inflation in the value of merits.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 7:04pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

That is actually what just passed through my mind. That would be just like our economy today. The dollar is losing so much worth and if that happened, it would seem that merits aren't that special.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 7:20pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,262 posts

Knight

Unless a new kind of "forum merit" was created that would be worth, say, 5-10 points. And maybe there could be a limit to the amount per thread that you could get.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 7:25pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

You know thats also a great idea. Maybe we should ask Carlie about this idea.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 7:44pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,262 posts

Knight

Yes, but I am pretty sure that mods cannot make any major site changes. I'll see what she thinks, but I am going to email the site about this and get Dan's opinion on the matter.

Posted Mar 28, '08 at 8:03pm

wow4ever1212

wow4ever1212

214 posts

I'm so in for the timer. I think ratings need 2 points, as nick said, the show how much you play the games on the site.