ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Marijuana

134 57377
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Many people are against marijuana. Others support it. Everyone has their reasons, pro and anti, and many times fact and fiction is greatly mixed. Truths are often twisted and exagerated.

The consumption of weed is illegal. Do not state if you do or do not smoke weed or if you ever have smoked weed. Instead, share your veiws on it. Do you think that people have been misinformed about marijuana? Do you think that pot smokers are the downfall of the country? Why do you think what you think and what do you have to back up your information?

• 134 Replies
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

(Click here)

And this should have been in the World events, politics, etc

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Actually I don't think it should have. The discussion of Marijuana is not a Worldly event, and it's definitely not Religion related. (Unless you're a Rastafarian.)
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Weed is not physicly addicting.It can be mentally addicting though if the user feels that they need it. And of course, weed can be abused, but so can everything else out there.

I think that weed should be legalized. Drinking is legal, but it is much more dangerous than weed. Sadly, everyone has this huge belief that weed will perminantly mess up your brain. In fact, it only clogs up your lungs. Of course, you're breathing in smoke too. That obviously isn't good for you. But if your going to damage your body, you will find a way to damage it for pleasure. In that case, weed isn't all that bad.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Weed is not physicly addicting.It can be mentally addicting though if the user feels that they need it. And of course, weed can be abused, but so can everything else out there.

It's more of a habit than an addiction.

In fact, it only clogs up your lungs. Of course, you're breathing in smoke too.

This is the only con I could find for smoking Marijuana. I've found a ton for other legal drugs...
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

I wanted this to be a discussion of weed at more of a standard level rather than a national one.

It's more of a habit than an addiction.

A habit, is arguably an addiction. It is a mental addiction though. Another mental addiction would be video games. Yes, video games can become a problem as much as weed can become a problem. Weed is a problem for some people, of course, most people who think that they need weed that I know, also use other drugs or they pushed themselves to match the druggie stereo type to match their weed smoking friends. It's all psychological.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well I'm pretty sure I could stop at anytime. I'm not addicted to it as much as I am to AG.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I'm not addicted to it as much as I am to AG.

AG is my only drug, at least until summer is over. >_>

Weed probably isn't as bad as it has been made out to be, but I can honestly say I'll never do the stuff, myself. Not willing to risk it.

Besides, my father died from smoking, so it's not so much the weed aspect that turns me away (Though it is a factor), but rather the smoking part. My dad was a great guy, but I'm not going down the same road as him.
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

This is not a world event or have anything to do with politics.
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Weed isn't exactly good for your career. I'll leave it at that.

Depends. If you're into art or anything, it could actually be a benefit. If you have a job that requires serious concentration, then it isn't for you.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Weed isn't exactly good for your career. I'll leave it at that.

It was for the Beatles. lol
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Oh, and Bob Marley.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't say that marijuana takes you anywhere new. It just helps you look at things from a new angle. lol

I don't suggest that people smoke weed. In fact, I suggest that people don't smoke weed if they can help it. Just because the Beatles or Bob Marley smoked weed, doesn't mean that everyone should. They also took harder drugs too that should not be touched. But the truth is, marijuana didn't do anything to them and half of the time, hard drugs don't kill either. Of course, hard drugs can be addicting and troublesome and should be avoided!

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

I dont think people should do any drug because marijuana gets ino your lungs and into your blood stream mostlikely aswell seeing as blood get oxygen from your lungs it could damage your brain in odd ways Mabye permanitly or for only a few years but there is always a possibilty.
Wipe42

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

This is a repeat of a successful thread...

Not really. This is what peoples thoughts are on it, not whether or not it should be legalized.
Showing 1-15 of 134