ForumsWEPRAmerican Obesity

329 49042
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

• 329 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Get rid of drive throughs and decrease the size of fast food restaurant's doors, problem solved.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Get rid of drive throughs and decrease the size of fast food restaurant's doors, problem solved.

HAHAHAHA! They've already done that!

Get out more,play basketball and baseball,that burns some calories.

I play basketball and volleyball, but exercise is nothing without eating right.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Seriously though we're one of the very few countries with drive throughs.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

If you do exercise and you have a good coach, I think that you will never have a obesity problem, all kids need someone to teach them what to do and what exercise to do.

saxplayer
saxplayer
16 posts
Nomad

Simple. Americans always want more since the beginning! We can't have just a sandwich, we need the chips and dessert and a coke...

saxplayer
saxplayer
16 posts
Nomad

Obesity is a problem. But video games are just too fun. Hmm...
They already solved it... Wii Fit!
donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

They already solved it... Wii Fit!

thats the greatest idea ever. instead of actually working out, you just pretend to do it and lose 10 calories an hour extra.

go for a jog instead. its only an hour a day. i think everyone has this in his schedule
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Walking is good too, it's a simple exercise that all can do, don't use always the car.

donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

Walking is good too, it's a simple exercise that all can do, don't use always the car.

there are like millions of outside activities you can do to exercise.
i really do not know why it is so difficult for so many people to just get out in the real world and move a bit.

the biggest problem, are the parents, that do not care about their children getting enough exercise.
i do not care if adults knowingly choose to become fat.
but it is really sad when i see children in elementary school who weight more than i do and are half my size.
and this is not limited to the us. it happens all over the world
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

All kids need to be taught how to choose foods wisely. I have currently been trying to help my sister exercise more because my parents are overweight, but I am not.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Playing tennis sheds calories in a flash.

bluedevil
bluedevil
542 posts
Nomad

Simple. Americans always want more since the beginning! We can't have just a sandwich, we need the chips and dessert and a coke...

HAHA, all I need is a coke =]. No but I choose healthy foods and rarly eat mc donalds. I always play outside with my friends. We play tenis or race to the park and back, the park is about a mile away.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Instead of going to McDonald's,go to In 'N Out if you live in California. All of their ingredients are fresh,and they have no trans fat in their fries. Same with Wendy's for you East Coast people.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Swimming is actually the healthiest sport, it works almost all of your muscles, burn calories rather quickly too.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Non-shaved or shaved body? Jking,either way it's good for you.

Showing 16-30 of 329