ForumsWEPRseatbelts

54 12545
xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i don't know about you but i'm am tired of wearing a seatbelt or getting a ticket over why do you think the government is making us wear it because what if the car is underwater and we can't get out because the seat belt is stuck.
p.s.
i have never gotten a ticket.

• 54 Replies
Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

seatbelts make driving safer, and they seatbelt itself should be easy enough to take off if your car does go under water. Until they can make driving 100% safe, you'll have to wear a seat belt.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

yeah but this is a free country

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

It is, but I don't think that "it's a free country" works with seatbelts otherwise there wouldn't be tickets and fines.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^That doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. We're free from the oppressive tyranny of another country controlling us (which, ironically, we did for a while back in the late 1800s-early 1900s). Seat belts are an important safety feature that can keep you alive in the event of an accident. Not wearing a seatbelt while driving is like not carrying a backup chute when skydiving. Sure, odds are nothing'll happen, but what if it DOES? Then you're screwed.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

but shouldn't cops be making sure no one is speeding or anything like that.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^Like they care about what they SHOULD be doing? They can give you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt so they will. That's all there is to it. The law is there to make sure you WEAR it. Putting them in doesn't do a damned bit of good if no one wears them.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

ummm.. xgamer, police do watch out for if people are speeding, while they do their everyday jobs.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

not where i live

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

well than, your police either need to get a different job, because they can't do the one they have, or you should wright a letter to someone like the mayor and complain.

madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

seatbelts are to restrian you so you dont go flying through a windsheild or something. They are made to protect you, so a little bit of discomfort you could get used to to protect your life! That isn't really something to argue about.

lasercannon
lasercannon
6 posts
Peasant

What's honestly so difficult about wearing a seatbelt? It isn't terribly uncomfortable to wear by any means. Anyway, they help keep you safe in accidents, and as far as I'm concerned, that's a pretty good reason to wear one.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I agree with lasercannon, it's not hard to wear a seatbelt, I mean they're not razor equipped to saw through your shoulder or neck. Well, if they irritate you that much, buy some soft cloth and tape it to the side where it rubs against your neck, and if it's constricting you, lossen it up a little, not unreasonably loose, but enough to be comfortable.

Seatbelts, if I can remember correctly, help you 40%(in a really bad accident, not a bumper smash lol)or more in NOT dying and keeping you from slamming foward. 40% can make a big difference in car accidents, trust me on that one.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

Seatbelts help with the safety of everybody and takes down the death rate of car crashes in america too! Wearing seatbealts is a really good law.

Darkspine
Darkspine
6 posts
Nomad

Cant realy say but I was in a car once and it was sort of slippy on the road, so we slided around, got strangled by the seatbelt, luckily it wasnt stuck.
But wearing a seatbelt is a case of security, if you cant get it up, just try break it or something. Least my opinion is, if you cant get yourself loose, break whats in your way ( This post does not include breaking humans or any sort of violation against the race of mankind or the animal world )
Thank you ^^

ninja_pwnage
ninja_pwnage
136 posts
Nomad

there are no seatbelts in some contrys lolz

Showing 1-15 of 54