ForumsWEPRseatbelts

54 12564
xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i don't know about you but i'm am tired of wearing a seatbelt or getting a ticket over why do you think the government is making us wear it because what if the car is underwater and we can't get out because the seat belt is stuck.
p.s.
i have never gotten a ticket.

• 54 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I never even knew that that was possible. So a seatbelt is sharp enough to cut your head off? I learned something new today.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

There is no issue here, seatbelts save lives. Its a free country yes but if u want to die in a 30 mlph collision for yur "freedone" then go do it. There will be less stupid people in the world. seatbelts arnt sharp! if it was an issue it would be on the news and people wount be re designing seatbelts!

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Well, wondering, 1) I don't think she strapped it on tight enough, because if she did it would have been around her chest/stomach [CERTAINLY a part of her body that can't get decapitated.. usually, anyway]

Also, according to the... Forgot the bunch of letters, they say that wearing a seatbelt has 10% chance of saving your life in a car crash, and a 55% chance of saving your life with the airbag. I think its pretty low, think for a sec your hitting on the highway at 70 and you make a huge mash, the seatbelt could hold you down and let the fluffy airbag stamp your face. ^^... Or, you could smack into the flying shards of busted glass coming your way and have the front of your car all messy.

Your call.

I don't think it CUT her head off, I think it pulled on her face and ... ripped her neck. [ I feel kidna mean right now xP] Just giving a thought.

Later.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

Over the years numerous cases were documented of various fatalities and injuries caused by wearing seat-belts. Potentially lethal injuries such as crushed sternum and paralyzing neck injuries are common in high-speed collisions. Chest injury may cause cardiac arrest, lung bruises are amongst the most common causes of death by seat-belts especially for people of weak heart such as the elderly who can also suffer a heart attack and not be able to free from the seatbelt in order to get to help. In neck injury cases, the immense pressure from a high-speed impact can cause a seat-belt wearer's head to accelerate forward suddenly while the body is restrained, potentially causing paralyzing injuries. It has been suggested that such problems may be less common with modern cars.

they are not as safe as you thought they would be.

soyo678
soyo678
187 posts
Nomad

They make sence.Our government is just making sure everyone doesn't die. Can you imagine how many people would me dead if they hadn't been wearing their seatbelts???

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

I am not sure if it has been stated before, but the main reason is because of insurance. Sure, sometimes in rare cases someone dies because they 'were' wearing a seatbelt (and sometimes seatbelts themselves can be annoying), but the truth is most of the time they help, and insurance companies want you to sustain the least amount of injuries possible, so they do not have to pay the hospitals as much. Simple as that.

deafjapanesegirl951
deafjapanesegirl951
4 posts
Nomad

I believe in wearing a seat-belt for my own personal safety. Although, I do think that it is foolish to give tickets to people for not wearing a seat-belt at all. If I were to choose not to wear my seat belt, the only person it would hurt is me.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I remember seeing something once, it was about this sort of thing stated above by deafjapanesegirl, because the fact is, you're wrong, there was an incident recently, four people driving in a car, all wearing a seatbelt, except one, this one was a huge guy, you wouldn't think stopping the car immediatly would send him flying throughout the whole car, but it did, he flew up, hit the roof of the car, then twisted and his head smacked the driver's head, breaking the driver's neck, then, he somehow did a 180 and flew to the backseats, there his feet slammed against one of the backseat passengers, killing him, then his feet swung around even more and smashed the other guy's head in, all of them were killed EXCEPT, the one idiot not wearing a seatbelt, he only had critical damage, but he lived.

Morale: Not wearing a Seatbelt not only puts YOU in danger, it puts the people around you in danger.

I've been in a number of accidents, i've seen people fly through windshields because they weren't wearing anything to hold them back :|

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Wait, I don't get your morale Raptor? So, is wearing a seatbelt bad or good because the guy without the seatbelt lived, and then your morale says if you don't wear a seatbelt then you put people's lives in danger. Your story doesn't really support your statement.

Sweetiedark
Sweetiedark
71 posts
Nomad

nicks got a good point there how do they help us if everyone jst died except for the idiot not wearing a seatbelt..funny story tho

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I think the moral of Raptor's story is - don't ride with him!

"I've been in a number of accidents, i've seen people fly through windshields because they weren't wearing anything to hold them back :|"

Just kidding, but seriously I'll never get in a car with you

But his point is good, that guy killed his three friends because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He became a projectile in the car, just like unsecured luggage.

CHRISMOOREEAGLES
CHRISMOOREEAGLES
32 posts
Nomad

It is a free country so you shouldn't have to wear seatbelts

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Wow, that was just a very stupid and really not necessary post. Yes this is a free country, but if you were enforced to do something or you'll get a fine then why wouldn't you do it. This is like saying, this is a free country so I'm allowed to kill people.

lamas_own
lamas_own
103 posts
Nomad

Even if i had the choice of not wareing a seat belt i still would it can save lifes.

NAPALM098
NAPALM098
2 posts
Nomad

the gov't makes us wear a seatbelt so we dont die. duh. better chance of getting into an accident then driving your car into water so wearing it makes more sense.

Showing 31-45 of 54