ForumsSupport Forum[Necro/Answered] How do you play the swf files on your PC?

11 4883
jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

Well from AG we can download the SWF file of the games listed in the Free Website Games. And I want to know how to play them after you unzip them and all.

• 11 Replies
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

I think you need some player for it. But Idk

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

You simply need a program or your good old Flash Player to play games offline. Make sure the Flash Player is installed in your computer (not only your browser) and that you have associated the .swf extension with the Flash Player.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

He is talking about the games available on this site.

A video conversion program doesn't do anything for games.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well first thing I have to ask is:

did you make sure to extract the file after you unzipped it?

If you didn't then when you click the file it will practically do nothing, unless you extract it and play it from the place you told the zip program to extract it to. Make sure that is done, along with making sure you have the latest version of flash player, and if that is not enough then try the things in that link, and if that doesn't work send a message to my profile, and I will try to figure out what could be going on.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i did it an attempted to create a trainer (i failed, needed VB6)

just look on google for a .swf to .exe converter

jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

did you make sure to extract the file after you unzipped it?

Unzipping it basically means to extract.

Do I just go to the flash player website like Shockwave or something? If you can can you provide a link?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Unzipping it basically means to extract.

hmm OK I thought you just meant opening it up to look at all the files, but not put them in a particular folder on your computer yet. Well anyways if you need to find something try googling it first, as the first thing that comes up from typing Adobe Flash Player is the download for it. So anyways here is a link to the place where you can get the latest version.

Adobe Flash Player Download
jbgarza2010
jbgarza2010
532 posts
Nomad

You posted a link to the Browser plug-in.

timmdd
timmdd
1 posts
Nomad

I think, except for downing some player, here's another way, you might need some video converters, such as this free swf video converter to convert the format and then play it on the computer...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Locking this thread as it is old and possibly answered long ago.

Showing 1-11 of 11