ForumsWEPRwhy not to do drugs

52 11868
SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

drugs will kill you eventually because of the addiction and if you do it once you will get addicted. my sisters best friend's brother did pot and he is in a drug rehab.

• 52 Replies
Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Marijuana in some cases may increas your brain activity, and also increases your hand eye coordination. I notice this in people who have been smoking dope since they were 12 or so, i have a few friends who cannot do their school work unless they are high. One even cant go to sleep unless they toke up. But smokeing weed is harmfull to young people, it kills many more brain cells and will effect how they grow up. I for one spend a few years smoking dope and realized i was getting nothing done in my life and needed a change. It has bin about a year since i have toked up and i feel that i have changed soo much, but i look back at my best friends and they all stay the same way and say the stuff like. "Yo tonight im gona buy an oz an get stoned out of my tree", and im just thinking "wow you have not changed a bit".

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

No brain cell are not destroyed they did it with monkey and counted their brain cell be the got them high and after the had the same amount each time the did a few trails

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKwBVvLc_E[/url]

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

While you are developing and growing, within your teans it is harmful to smoke dope. It prevents alot of cells from developing properly and it does kill them also, there has been study on HUMANS to prove this.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Psychoactives (meaning just about all common recreational drugs, weed, grass, pot, dope, speed, heroin, E etc. etc. etc.) act by the same basic mechanisms: they increase stimulation of particular regions, essentially causing an overload.

This means that it can work well for excelling at a certain task- as Crunk88 points out, but at the cost of cortical plasticity: essentially the ability to change, adapt and learn new tasks. This kind of mental rigidity gets to be a real pain in the ass later on in life.

Not to mention some (not all) people are susceptible to addiction, and the reason many start taking more and more is because your brain responds less to the same dose due to a combination of nerve damage and desensitisation.

In the end this is associated with behavioral problems and loss of function- and seeing as for the most part the ability to live with other people is important, taking these kinds of drugs recreationally is a risk and often a burden.

Fun fact: caffeine does the same thing as the drugs listed above.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Some of the drug names u have given are the same drug. For example Marijuana has many names such as: MJ, Mary Jane, Canabis, Chronic, Green, Grass, Ganja, Pot, Weed, Dope, Smoke, Herb, and many more slang terms.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yeah, I wasn't being at all particular. I'm fairly sure most of the people in this thread are familiar with most of them.

Note though that I restricted the list to a single class of drug. I'm not so sure that hallucinogens like LSD behave in quite the same manner.

Showing 46-52 of 52