ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56757
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Yes i did....

I worked for a store (idk which one) and i was putting the food in the stands were they belong, and i was on a latter...I suddenly fall down on the floor. Dead. the funny thing its that at the impact i actually fell a bit of pain, as if i would really fall in reality...

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Yeah it's really weird.
I had a dream I was at school, and suddenly a blue plane highly resembling a Beegee crashed into our classroom and I was crushed between it and the wall...weird.

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

Huh, I heard that if you die in a dream you actually die, but I have had some close calls, like sky diving without a parachute, drowning, fighting Chuck Norris, being possessed by demons, you know stuff like that.

ShylaGirl92
ShylaGirl92
670 posts
Nomad

I did once

I was surfing but there were no waves so I just out in the ocean just relaxing .... and then there was this HUGE shark and it bit my arm and took me under the water, I woke up cause my lungs were burning and I could not breath

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Ive had some close calls too like falling being fatally wounded but actually dieing maybe....I did hurt my hand in a dream and woke up finding out I had punched my wall in the night (i hit it hard enough to tell)

Most of the dreams a remember either come true which is a little weird or of some girl that I can never remember what she looks like. Tell me am i crazy?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I was in a room. . .no-one else there, though I could hear voices of relatives in the next room. They sounded to be having fun. Then, I heard footsteps. A man came up to me with a gun, and shot me three times. The voices kept on going as I bled out.

Another time, I was by a cliff. I was disoriented, extremely dizzy - wandering around the area. I was alone. . .couldn't tell. Then, a wind blew. It overtook me somewhat. . .I went to the edge of the cliff, looked down over it, still disoriented. I saw a vast expanse of forest. . .I tried to turn around, but I couldn't. I fell of the cliff.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Twice. Both dreams are rather... Strange. The first one was a few years ago during my birthday party. In the dream, it was the same scene as when me and my friends were playing video games before I fell asleep. A few minutes into the dream, the wall to my left started cracking, and what looked to be a giant angler fish crashed through the wall, riding on a wave of purple ooze. It ate me and all my friends, and I woke up right after I was swallowed, feeling like I had bathed in stomach acids. The second was a few weeks ago. The dream started with me walking down a long corridor. When I got to the end, I heard a chainsaw revving up behind me. When I turned around... There was a plunger... Holding a chainsaw... I'm guessing it looked kinda like when you saw a locust with your lancer in gears of war. I woke up from that with soreness and pain in the areas where the wounds would've been.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I usually wake up right before dying in a dream. I often have dreams I'm falling and I'm about to hit the ground and then I wake up.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I often have dreams I'm falling and I'm about to hit the ground and then I wake up.

I have a bunch of dreams like that. I dreamnt that I was skateboarding down a big hill, and I ollied over something then my board disappeared. Then when I hit the ground I was limp...I hate dreams like that.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I dreamnt that I was skateboarding down a big hill, and I ollied over something then my board disappeared. Then when I hit the ground I was limp...I hate dreams like that.

At least you weren't texas chainsaw'd by a plunger... My friend had a serious accident once on his skateboard. Broke both his arms.
Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

I had a dream once, this weird white dog kept following me in school... I ran and ran and ran but it kept disappearing i thought i would die but i eventually woke up...

There was this one time where i was swimming but slowly floating away from shore, after a while i woke up.

No weird reactions in real life though...

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I fell off a cliff once in a dream, does that count?

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

You know the falling dream where you're supposed to wake up before you hit the ground?

I never wake up in time.

However, I HAVE been shot in the head 3 or 4 times with melee weapons...

bullmetal
bullmetal
169 posts
Peasant

i never have and hope i never will

BringerofSalvation
BringerofSalvation
50 posts
Nomad

My grandfather died in a dream before. Why do you prefer to talk about it?

Showing 1-15 of 348