Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Earth Hour!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 9:19am

Moegreche

Moegreche

3,069 posts

The processing and production of meat does, if fact, emit a lot of greenhouse gases and pollution into the atmosphere.
Cow flatulence is becoming quite noticeable worldwide (I'm being totally serious) and meat processing and packing plants typically generate a lot of waste.

Posted Apr 1, '08 at 12:04am

deafjapanesegirl951

deafjapanesegirl951

5 posts

You know, Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient truth" Is all based on models. We cannot prove that the polar icecaps would indeed cover the surface of earth. I find it hard to belief that people would automatically accept what was being told to them without finding at least a couple more sources.

Posted Apr 1, '08 at 12:12am

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

Hmmm, I have to disagree with you, i believe that Global Warming and such are happening naturally, but we're speeding it up, the Polar Ice Caps have definitely receded, there's no real doubt about that, but this is just like religion, to what you said;
"I find it hard to belief that people would automatically accept what was being told to them without finding at least a couple more sources."
people believe in their god, but have never seen them, well, if that's okay then people can believe that Global Warming, PICs are melting, ect. without an uber amount of facts. As for them covering the earth, if the earth is heating up, how is the ice going to grow??? I don't necessarily see that happening, unless you're talking about the water, oO that's going to be horrific.

Posted Apr 1, '08 at 12:06pm

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

I turned on every light in the house and burned plastic with an aerosol torch! Then I went and knocked down trees with my huge SUV!

Posted Apr 1, '08 at 4:16pm

garifu

garifu

172 posts

Wally, you goon, haha.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 4:32pm

Zarzima_2112

Zarzima_2112

24 posts

im not sure what it is but i like nature!

~Zarzima~