ForumsSupport ForumIP bans

12 4313
madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

Moderators should IP ban people who make consecutive accounts that get banned. It may help Armor Games get rid of spammers once and for all. To do this there should different types of moderators like forum mods, game comment mods, and simialar areas that need to be supervised. After that there should be site moderators or administrators. It might be possible if AG had a couple more ADs on the site to help it get the required items it will need to do this, but it will help AG have less consecutive spam. I believe this should be allowed but only to very few people, like a small gruop that can meet up once in a while in real life.

• 12 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

IP ban them from registering, but not from accessing the site. People would still be able to play the games (and, thusly, generate profit for AG), but not able to comment or post in the forums.

madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

you are right magamickel, they should have acces to the site but not the ability to log in (if they made an account on another computer) or acces the registration page.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Every site is always in need of Mods, and it's not exactly easy to get a bunch of people who actually live in the same place, rather near each other if they do, on here, especially since not a lot of people I'm sure want to have an Armourgames Meeting every so often withh people they probably don't even talk to on here. It's a good idea probably if it were easy, of course, there's always IMing.
Also, you cant really keep people from making more accounts, they'll find a way somehow. You could make less of it, by putting one of those lock things like email addresses and usernames cannot be the same, i think o.O However, there will always be a need for more Mods, its just a thing that comes with a growing site, luckily, there's new Mods being looked over every day...I hope :O
As for the different types of Mods themselves, when there are more, cause right now there are only like 5 or 6 i believe, not exactly easy to split that up evenly or oddly to get the right amount on each job.
o.O maybe. or am I ranting about useless things? i feel like I'm off topic or something XD

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Maybe they could each be assigned a certain part of the forums, then?
I think one problem is we don't have enough mods for all the different times of day.
AG is a relatively small community still... one spammer can totally upset the community if not caught. However, by the same token, one mod can usually stop all the spam that's happening at any one time.

madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

RaptorExx, another way the mods could communicate privately is maybe a secure e-mail, or a private online chatroom. There are many ways you can think of communication from your computer.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Oh, if we're talking about communication, I HIGHLY recommend taking out a private room on a Teamspeak server. It eliminates the need for... typing :P Not that I type slow or it's a problem for me (I can type almost as fast as I can talk, and faster than I think, sometimes :P) but it's so much easier just to grab the mike and say what you want.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

yeah I know, it was just one of the ways I thought of off the top of my head

i mean I didn't want to make an entire list of ways to communicate, that would be annoying and quite unreasonable since many people know them all already

frozenskull
frozenskull
89 posts
Nomad

lol i can change my IP so i can create another account ive i get banned

AzaJeffery
AzaJeffery
42 posts
Nomad

That is not a good idea. If a friend or guest creates their account at your house then break the rules, you will be banned. Also, that would be getting rid of our fellow users. We need to give people a second chance.

AzaJeffery
AzaJeffery
42 posts
Nomad

That is not a good idea. If a friend or guest creates their account at your house then break the rules, you will be banned. Also, that would be getting rid of our fellow users. We need to give people a second chance.

Gimgak
Gimgak
294 posts
Nomad

aza, i don't think some of these spammers need a second chance. if someone posts 50 subjects that all say hi on 1 forum, i think they should be ip banned

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

No second chances. Sure, let people appeal to the admin, but don't unban anyone. Let them learn a lesson about who they let use their computer.

Showing 1-12 of 12