Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

To prevent? Or to cure?

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 29, '08 at 7:00pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

We've already created a vaccine for AIDS. It's just like the flu, though - it changes rapidly, so a new vaccine must be acquired periodically.

Posted Mar 29, '08 at 8:33pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

The vaccine isn't proven, nor will it save the lives of everyone. As it changes, all we have is a way to stop it for a while. So I dont' believe that not preventing and just working on a cure that may not come for another 200 centuries is a waste of time and lives.

Posted Mar 29, '08 at 11:03pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

I dont get you point about it being economic, i disagree. Drug companies push BILLIONS of dollars into producing drugs to "cure" people. Have you ever notices how many drug commercials there are on American television and there all like "take this and it will cure you" but then "some side affect are vomiting, diarrhea ect ect" then lastly they say "dont take this drug of you have a heart condition". I think thats Corrupt because drug companies are making millions on this crap! Not all drugs are tested enough and they DO kill people. Prevention is a better because u dont have to deal with drug companies or a pharmacy. Its simple, you eat right and stay away from toxin and other harmful things like smoking and eating junk food.

Posted Mar 29, '08 at 11:07pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

okay, so your telling me we should have somehow prevented polio in the past and not have made the vaccine? Stupid.

Also, the stuff Drug companies make aren't super vaccines, and when they say side effects they mean to some people it will and some it wont'. If you have a heart condition then ALOT of medicines are off limits because they go through your bloodstream.

Also, Drugs in America are the most highly tested in the world. They don't kill, they might not just be effective. If a drug could kill, it wouldn't be legal. Because after a company produces it, it has to be contracted, and tested on humans.

Also, Lets say I ate right, stood away from toxin, other harmful thing, and I was sudenly one of the people hit with type 2 diabetes? Then what? Oh, wait, no one spent time making insulin or blood sugar watchers. I'm done for.

Oh yeah, Claps for that one.

Its exactly why so much money is pushed into cures, and when one breaks through you'll get someone with a bunchah Cash.

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 10:45am

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

You dont understand what im saying, let me explain to you once again.. Polio has bin around since te Egyptians, and yes we needed a vacine for it because it was getting to epidemic proportions. I never said "stop curing desease" i said there should be more prevention of disease. Diabetes can be prevented if you take in the right amount of sugars ect, but if you do get it then yeh your gona be using a blood sugar watcher for the rest of your life. Now was that worth eating all that unhealthy food? weather you got too much or not enough sugar your still gona be wishing you were smart enough to prevent it from even hapening. thank you for the aplause. Also some prescription drugs have been known to kill people, but they have bin taken off the marked after a few hunred inocents. Prevention of disease is the right way to go, and if we have to cure a disease then so be it. Then we find out how to prevent it from coming back, because there is no real cure to anything.