ForumsArt, Music, and WritingBronze's random Art

607 212748
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

This thread is for me to post my art, mainly drawings.
So you guys just sit back and enjoy, and please feel free to make a comment. My first piece is something I usually do to warm-up.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/MrSmiley.jpg

Say hi to Mr. Smiley

• 607 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

At the rate I move, I might have half of one done in about a year or so.

Well, slow done is better than no done in my opinion. That is why we all love and hate the WoM, after all.

I just have a thing for messy lines.

They always have a purpose. Not for refinery or detailing as much as the illusion of detail, which might be why they don't quite work out in that picture?
Would be nice to see a properly cleaned version with good, clean, proper lines. Would be worth at least half a poster.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I would love any constructive criticism on this WIP.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/83C9B0D6-9F80-4E5D-87BA-882FA0CC7B75-12941-000010687A32B095.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

If it was a little bigger, it would be easier to give a proper cc. The details blend in a bit with each other in that version, it it's hard to make out what is going on specifically.
But the concept seems amusing, most of the shadows seem pretty accurate, though I think the temple-eye shadow should be a temple shadow and an eye shadow, rather than one big shadow.
As for anything else, I would like a bigger version, so I can actually tell if that's a shirt or really weird skin.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Yeah I'm sorry. I'm having trouble figuring out sizes on my ipod. Photobucket said it was 1024x1024. I'll put it up as soon as I get my geography exam over with.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Ok, here you go. It is still a little fuzzy, but it will do for now. If anything just seems way off let me know.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/construction-1.jpg

And here is a collage. It is a tree made of leaves. From left to right: abstract texture, actual texture, and simulated texture.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/leaftree-1.jpg

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

This is Lee Everett, the most awesome zombie slaying dude ever. Well, he is second, behind Ash from the Evil Dead series.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/lee.jpg

He is from the Walking Dead video game. I won't spoil anything, but his character is really well done and before the end you will become emotionally attached to him.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I am sorry for the wait, I have been - busy.

But the concept seems amusing, most of the shadows seem pretty accurate, though I think the temple-eye shadow should be a temple shadow and an eye shadow, rather than one big shadow.
As for anything else, I would like a bigger version, so I can actually tell if that's a shirt or really weird skin.

Facial shading, as mentioned, most of the other muscles are well defined, though there's a line at the elbow, that perhaps should not have been there.
The top of hers isn't all awesome, though, the cloth seems too heavy and thick, and it doesn't fall naturally over her form, as the wrinkles would suggest it should.
Otherwise, as mentioned, and interesting concept, and I would like to see a scanned version, should you finish it.

Leafthing looks amusing, though... Is that a real leaf? Because if it is, it kinda derps up the other two sides by being so real (yeah) while the other parts aren't as nice looking.

Haven't played the game, haven't watched the series, but I am sure it looks accurate. His head looks a little slim, and the (our) left side arm pit wrinkles seems to be pulling wrong.
Red would be even better for a black/white picture, instead of the grey/white. The current shading and realism makes it stand out rather weirdly because it's so bright.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

So are there too many wrinkled on the cloth, or are they not flowing right? Wrinkles are new to me, it's just trial and error right now.

Leaf is real, because I had to have the actual texture somewhere in the collage. I hated the project, to be honest. I just had to settle for an idea. The leaf tree was about my fourth, and plan D doesn't usually work.

I wanted the red to really standout. I even thought about asking you to add a light emitting from the big blood patch. And I only noticed the head was slim after the image was on my camera. I thought the camera was supposed to add ten pounds, but it did the opposite in this case.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So are there too many wrinkled on the cloth, or are they not flowing right? Wrinkles are new to me, it's just trial and error right now.

Basically, the wrinkles there are, aren't helping making the picture, and the clothing doesn't look like it's falling correctly, perhaps because of the way it has been cut.
But it might be the effect of the rather thick cloth used, so it might not need to be something you should consider redoing at this point.
Clothing is rather difficult to make fall right, and at some point it gets to be more on gefühl than technique. If you are not practised with it, it's easier to go with what looks right rather than what is right.

Leaf is real, because I had to have the actual texture somewhere in the collage. I hated the project, to be honest. I just had to settle for an idea. The leaf tree was about my fourth, and plan D doesn't usually work.

Fair. Everyone has something that just rubs them the wrong way, so it's totally understandable. The idea is good enough too, it's just not well executed, but who can blame you.
You did have a good colour choice, and the ink sketch is neat for this, it is just set off by the use of something realistic, when the rest isn't in the same way.

I wanted the red to really standout. I even thought about asking you to add a light emitting from the big blood patch. And I only noticed the head was slim after the image was on my camera. I thought the camera was supposed to add ten pounds, but it did the opposite in this case.

I guess that is why many artists flip their artwork every so often to see if something is wrong. Gets a new perspective, eh.
Fair enough, though, I guess it's mainly personal preference at this point, because I don't like the mix between the soft, muted shading and lines and then that huge blotch of red in the middle of it all. Though I do appreciate the darker reds where the shading punches through.
It by no means a bad picture, it's just not entirely to my tastes, heh.
(That said, you did do the spots pretty well, they look like a natural spray, so hundreds of thumbs up for that)
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Merry Christmas everyone!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/861958C8-B9B5-400E-8A16-7D00A9B54055-1102-000001362FDF0457.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Been watching too much Adventure Time?
Looks nice, good with some humoristic sketchy Christmas art, now complete with penguins.

meppapza
meppapza
7 posts
Nomad

Nice work man! I really like your stuff, but I gotta ask; do you also do sprites?

I am developing a game and really need an artist.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Been watching too much Adventure Time?

No, not really. My imagination and style are just similar I suppose.

Nice work man! I really like your stuff, but I gotta ask; do you also do sprites?

I wish I did, but I don't. Sorry.

And here is a painting! My first completed painting too.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/002-2.jpg
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oo, I like the painting you posted. I like how you mixed the colors in the sky, rather than just trying to blend it, giving those bits of colors a new home to stay in. How come you haven't finished any paintings before?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I don't usually finish for a couple of reasons. I'm impatient. And I don't know the finer techniques to painting, so it usually turns into a trial and error kinda thing.

I got something special for you guys today. Something to celebrate Dead Space 3 coming out soon.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/deadspace-1.jpg

I drew a lot of the finer details on paper and uploaded it on to my computer. I then did the bulk of the shading on MS Paint. I think I blended the to medias pretty well.

Showing 511-525 of 607