ForumsArt, Music, and WritingBronze's random Art

607 212312
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

This thread is for me to post my art, mainly drawings.
So you guys just sit back and enjoy, and please feel free to make a comment. My first piece is something I usually do to warm-up.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/MrSmiley.jpg

Say hi to Mr. Smiley

• 607 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Happy 4th everyone! 'Murica!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/2e5b13a7-8ba9-4ef4-a719-794e243f053e.jpg

I've got plenty of things to post, so stay tuned.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I looked at your work, and I can tell you that you draw great.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiz...Bronze arting it up again

Hey wait a minute..where is his Big Mac?!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Great art Bronze, can't wait to see more.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Bronze needs a bronze bust :P too bad thats sculpture...

Anyways you use some sorta ceramic block carved with a knife for ya soldier?

Also ask your teacher can you do this type of art :P

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

People posted in my thread...I didn't know what to do, so I ran away. BUT I"M BACK!

Thanks for the compliments guys.
@pang
I'm not sure what my Big Mac is referring to.

@Hec
You sorta have to do that with ink wiping when you are doing intaglio prints. I'll show you my instructor gives my prints back.

And now art! The first is something that makes me feel all giddy inside.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/520ea9d7-8ac5-4ab2-b761-bafa1f332c79.jpg~original

It was a simple pen drawing, scanned, and the color was filled in with MS Paint.

The next piece will take a little explanation. I don't know if yall are familiar with Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz, but the stories and the amazing illustrations by Stephen Gammell influenced me beyond words. I recently discovered that these illustrations had been taken out of print and replaced because they were too disturbing or whatever. That's BS. Kids need to get the crap scared out them like I was. It builds character!
With all that said, this next piece is a tribute to those illustrations. I want to make enough of these, and along with the stories, publish a book the little kiddies.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/23bd488e-8645-4831-a5dd-cd4fb3ea8cfc.jpg~original

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Aww snap, King of the Hill just got older.

That picture looks like Slenderman... with a face.

Anyways, great art Bronze, you've really outdone yourself.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Thanks! I guess I forgot to mention it, but that is supposed to be bigfoot. Now I just need to write a scary story to go along with it.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The guys from King of the Hill loved your beard so much they copied it. They look good, but Bill's face looks weird. Specifically the chin area.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

He looks a lot different with his double chin missing haha.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm not sure what my Big Mac is referring to.

Big Mac. Big Mac = 'Murica..duh

Now I just need to write a scary story to go along with it.

I could help =D I've been getting into scary stories of late
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Which rapidograf set do you use in general?
0.2/0.4/0.6 or 0.1/0.3/0.5
I prefer to work with 0.2/0.4/0.6 because when I need
to do some ultra small detail I use 0.1 as an extra one.
0.1 compared to 0.2 makes a significant difference.

Have you ever shaded drawings with wax crayons?
I tried several times, it turns out its great.
Basically I like to experiment,sometimes it gives great results.

Have you ever tried to draw on paus paper (paper for technical drawings)?
The quality is excellent.The drawings in this paper have natural sharpness.
But it is much more difficult to work with at the beginning.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Finally, some free time to post!

@Ivan
I really like to use my .005. I just have so much control over it because of how small it is. And I've used pastels before, it's been a really long time though.

@pang
Not sure if your offer is still out, but I'm about to post one of my stories (with the illustration of course)

So here it is, The Well. Remember, it's for kids.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/b0b75b15-bce6-493e-8e41-6ba7fbc9dcfe.jpg~original

Little children should listen to the warnings of their elders. Bad things happen when you don't. Take Loris for example. A little boy who never listened, and that ended up making his life- well, you should just hear the story first. Hopefully you'll learn from it.

Loris never minded the warnings of his elders, but he loved to hear stories. The best storyteller of them all was Old Mr. Baker. A man older than the country some thought, but with age comes many tales to be told.

Loris usually went to Old Mr. Baker everyday demanding stories. Old Mr. Baker would smile his snaggley smile, spit out a thick black glob, and give one weezy cough. His story would always follow. Old Mr. Baker never told the same story, but there was always a lesson within each one. Old Mr. Baker knew that Loris would do his best to go against any lessons taught, so today Old Mr. Baker came up with an idea. One that would finally teach Loris a real lesson. Old Mr. Baker gave his smile...

He told a tale about the old Loveapple house. Abandoned for years, but no one knew why. Old Mr. Baker knew why, because he was much older than the Loveapple house. He told Loris that the whole Loveapple family had been murdered, and that all of the family members were thrown down a deep well behind the house. No one could live in the house because the spirits of the Loveapple apple family would frighten anyone away. But Old Mr. Baker wasn't warning Loris away from the house. No, the warning was for the well. He told Loris to never go near the well, but if he did, never look in. And if Loris did look in the well, he should never leave without dropping in a coin. If Loris failed to remember the coin, Mr. Loveapple would slowly creep out of the well, gradually crawl towards Loris's house, and casually drag Loris back down the well.

Old Mr. Baker was done with his tale. As usual, Loris laughed and left Old Mr. Baker without even so much as a thank you. Loris made straight for the Loveapple house, and traveled towards the backyard. He saw the well. There was nothing special about it. Just a hole in the ground and overgrown with weeds, but Loris was still very nervous. Loris inched closer to the well. He was finally close enough to lean over and look in. There was nothing. It was dark, unusually dark, but Loris saw nothing to be afraid of. He laughed even more. Loris started to walk away, but he remembered Old Mr. Baker's last warning. Loris reached for his pocket, but he stopped. Loris had thought of a better idea. Giving his best Old Mr. Baker impression, Loris spat into the well.

Loris went back to the neighborhood and bragged to all of his friends about what he had done. His friends frowned, they knew the Loveapple story too. Loris grew angry at his friends for not celebrating his bravery. Mad, Loris went home.

The dark of night came as usual and the morning light came too, but something was wrong. Loris was missing. His family and friends looked all over, but he was never found. Some of Loris's friends suspected what had happened, but none were brave enough to look. They were to scared to find out what was in the well. Old Mr. Baker watched all of this, and he gave his biggest snaggley smile.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I don't know if it's just me, but it took me a little while to tell the hand apart from the rest of the piece. Once I did see it though it became really clear to me and I felt it fit the story perfectly. My only note would be to make it darker if possible so it sticks out.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I wanted the hand to blend in with the grass around it. It's something that might or might not be there. Like when you see something out of the corner of your eye, or a shadow at night. To me, the scare is in what could be there.

Showing 556-570 of 607