Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Bronze's random Art

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 1:40pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Woah. I got my doodles critiqued. Most of them are products of goofing around. The Grim Reaper, for example is full of my sense of humor.

Armordude of olden lands

His head is really small, that throws everything else off.

Lifethingwhatisthat

It's a cap commonly worn by soldiers in the American Civil War. I started drawing that in '07. That's how old some of them are.

The only ones that I might finish are the first one (my dog walked across it and it had a couple of holes in the paper, the car, and the last one.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 1:55pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,017 posts

Knight

Woah. I got my doodles critiqued

You uploaded them on the internet, stuff like that happens.
Accidentally.

His head is really small, that throws everything else off.

Might very well be that, indeed. Didn't look too bad, just everything else summing up to something odd.

It's a cap commonly worn by soldiers in the American Civil War. I started drawing that in '07. That's how old some of them are.

I could not see that. Looked like one of those life saver ring... things on top of something. The line comment still stands.

The only ones that I might finish are the first one (my dog walked across it and it had a couple of holes in the paper, the car, and the last one.

Seems fair. I will look forward to see those done, especially the last one. And the car, because cars are awesome and I can't draw them.
The first one as well, all things considered. It's rather impressive, messy shadows and all.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 5:11pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

So, meh, I haven't been really active over the passed couple of days, so I feel like I should critique/applaud your artwork.

Yay! I wished everyone would be in the crit mood.

So, the CD design seems quite decent. Is it made with paint or?
Anyhow, the people seem to blend quite nicely into the picture itself.
The bending of the trees and the fact that they are also makes it look more dark/deep-ish opposed to trees being full and upright, yknow.
Yeah; it kind of seems fitting for several bands off the top of my head.

Yep, Acyrillic paint. I'm not good with painting, but I'm slowly learning. I am very happy with the trees though.

The ink portrait looks well, I've never been one to draw faces correctly so me critiquing that would be hypocritical.

Just crit it if you want, don't worry about feeling hypocritical.

I will look forward to see those done

At the rate I move, I might have half of one done in about a year or so.

It's rather impressive, messy shadows and all

I just have a thing for messy lines.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 5:24pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,017 posts

Knight

At the rate I move, I might have half of one done in about a year or so.

Well, slow done is better than no done in my opinion. That is why we all love and hate the WoM, after all.

I just have a thing for messy lines.

They always have a purpose. Not for refinery or detailing as much as the illusion of detail, which might be why they don't quite work out in that picture?
Would be nice to see a properly cleaned version with good, clean, proper lines. Would be worth at least half a poster.

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 7:32pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

I would love any constructive criticism on this WIP.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/83C9B0D6-9F80-4E5D-87BA-882FA0CC7B75-12941-000010687A32B095.jpg

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 12:20pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,017 posts

Knight

If it was a little bigger, it would be easier to give a proper cc. The details blend in a bit with each other in that version, it it's hard to make out what is going on specifically.
But the concept seems amusing, most of the shadows seem pretty accurate, though I think the temple-eye shadow should be a temple shadow and an eye shadow, rather than one big shadow.
As for anything else, I would like a bigger version, so I can actually tell if that's a shirt or really weird skin.

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 1:00pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Yeah I'm sorry. I'm having trouble figuring out sizes on my ipod. Photobucket said it was 1024x1024. I'll put it up as soon as I get my geography exam over with.

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 5:49pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Ok, here you go. It is still a little fuzzy, but it will do for now. If anything just seems way off let me know.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/construction-1.jpg

And here is a collage. It is a tree made of leaves. From left to right: abstract texture, actual texture, and simulated texture.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/leaftree-1.jpg

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 4:34pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

This is Lee Everett, the most awesome zombie slaying dude ever. Well, he is second, behind Ash from the Evil Dead series.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/lee.jpg

He is from the Walking Dead video game. I won't spoil anything, but his character is really well done and before the end you will become emotionally attached to him.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 8:10pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,017 posts

Knight

I am sorry for the wait, I have been - busy.

But the concept seems amusing, most of the shadows seem pretty accurate, though I think the temple-eye shadow should be a temple shadow and an eye shadow, rather than one big shadow.
As for anything else, I would like a bigger version, so I can actually tell if that's a shirt or really weird skin.

Facial shading, as mentioned, most of the other muscles are well defined, though there's a line at the elbow, that perhaps should not have been there.
The top of hers isn't all awesome, though, the cloth seems too heavy and thick, and it doesn't fall naturally over her form, as the wrinkles would suggest it should.
Otherwise, as mentioned, and interesting concept, and I would like to see a scanned version, should you finish it.

Leafthing looks amusing, though... Is that a real leaf? Because if it is, it kinda derps up the other two sides by being so real (yeah) while the other parts aren't as nice looking.

Haven't played the game, haven't watched the series, but I am sure it looks accurate. His head looks a little slim, and the (our) left side arm pit wrinkles seems to be pulling wrong.
Red would be even better for a black/white picture, instead of the grey/white. The current shading and realism makes it stand out rather weirdly because it's so bright.

Reply to Bronze's random Art

You must be logged in to post a reply!