ForumsSupport ForumIgnore list

27 4814
David858
David858
181 posts
Nomad

ok, so, i think that armor games should add a ignore list. so if some on harasses you, you can add them to ignore, so they ca no longer view your profiel, or post commets

• 27 Replies
ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

That's a good idea but I haven't met anyone yet that I want to ignore.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

will, I think this is a good idea, I mean it would be useful against spammers and such.

wow4ever1212
wow4ever1212
192 posts
Shepherd

yeah, but that might be a little hard to do. I don't know anything about websites, but i think i'd be pretty hard blocking a post for something. If it's not hard, then heck, I vote for an ignore list!!

David858
David858
181 posts
Nomad

thanks guys for your your support! i thought of this idea because of xgamer up there, for he has been comment spamming me

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Ya I can tell, David. I like the idea and I don't think it would be too hard. AIM can do it so why can't Armor Games?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I do have an idea though for the blocking, Mods and Admins should be able to ignore any Block because we don't want people blocking the Mods and spamming! Plus, maybe Mods can see the entire list of who has been blocked that way they know someone isn't blocking everyone on Armourgames or something for no reason.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

That is also a good idea. Thanks for finding the glitch in my plan!

Piggg
Piggg
100 posts
Peasant

hey good idea! coz people like to spam me... but sometimes u ignore a person then that person got something good to say to u then he cant reach u coz u ignore him...sounds like blocking a contact in MSN...lol

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

well essentially that's his fault because he was the one who spammed, so people decided not to listen, then finally, when he had stuff to say, nobody could hear him because of his previous acts. Likewise this is 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf!', but with spam instead of Wolf, and Ignore Lists instead of people who don't walk away from their picnic to listen to some boy on a rock, or wherever he is.

Piggg
Piggg
100 posts
Peasant

well true... but really doesnt matter now coz we can just report him to the mods...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

yes, but many mods aren't on right now, at this time, and you're on, if someone were to constantly leave rude, innapropriate remarks on your page one after another, it'd be easier to block them than flag them and wait for a mod to show up in 8 hours, by then 14400 comments(i did the math for some reason)about who knows what.

Piggg
Piggg
100 posts
Peasant

......well then we should try out the ignoring method...though i don really like it

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

you don't have to use it! I probably won't, i just delete spam comments and tell them they're spamming for each spam they give me, you'd think they'd stop after getting 12 or so paragraphs about spamming, i would, who the heck would want to listen to me for 2 comment pages??? either way, people are probably going to take advantage of the Ignore List because nobody knows how to follow rules, oh well, their loss when they lose their points and get banned for 2 weeks, or whatever.
-srry for being off toic oO-

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

You know, if a spammer spams your board, then the best solution for now would be to delete all his posts.
he'll soon realize that he doesn't make points out of it and will most probably stop spamming.

An ignore list would be a nice idea, though, but I think it's not to be schedule in the short term.
Also, if we install the PM system as planned, then the problem will be solved, since users wouldn't get any points for sending PMs and would obviously stop spamming!

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

That also brings up a good point! Well if someone spams me, then i just ignore them because if I answer, then thry have more reasons to spam back. And then I delete their comments.

Showing 1-15 of 27