Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Ignore list

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 6:09am

Piggg

Piggg

109 posts

well true... but really doesnt matter now coz we can just report him to the mods...

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 6:28am

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

yes, but many mods aren't on right now, at this time, and you're on, if someone were to constantly leave rude, innapropriate remarks on your page one after another, it'd be easier to block them than flag them and wait for a mod to show up in 8 hours, by then 14400 comments(i did the math for some reason)about who knows what.

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 6:37am

Piggg

Piggg

109 posts

......well then we should try out the ignoring method...though i don really like it

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 6:41am

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

you don't have to use it! I probably won't, i just delete spam comments and tell them they're spamming for each spam they give me, you'd think they'd stop after getting 12 or so paragraphs about spamming, i would, who the heck would want to listen to me for 2 comment pages??? either way, people are probably going to take advantage of the Ignore List because nobody knows how to follow rules, oh well, their loss when they lose their points and get banned for 2 weeks, or whatever.
-srry for being off toic oO-

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 6:51am

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

You know, if a spammer spams your board, then the best solution for now would be to delete all his posts.
he'll soon realize that he doesn't make points out of it and will most probably stop spamming.

An ignore list would be a nice idea, though, but I think it's not to be schedule in the short term.
Also, if we install the PM system as planned, then the problem will be solved, since users wouldn't get any points for sending PMs and would obviously stop spamming!

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 10:41am

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

That also brings up a good point! Well if someone spams me, then i just ignore them because if I answer, then thry have more reasons to spam back. And then I delete their comments.

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 2:36pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,924 posts

Yes very good idea im tired of people who dont know me talking to me.Very good idea

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 2:40pm

kingofgames

kingofgames

666 posts

i think we should add 1 becausesome people are talking to meeven if i dont know them! and earlier this month (yeasterday there was a guy who insulted me without a reason he got banned but i think that is a good reason to add a ignore list

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 3:19pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

I would not really mind a blocking system. But then again, I have not really had problems with people spamming my wall. But I know others have. And if the PM system ever does come into use, then it would be nice for that also.

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 3:40pm

LeBronJames123123

LeBronJames123123

385 posts

We should have like a password block. If someone wants to view your page they will need a password.

Reply to Ignore list

You must be logged in to post a reply!