ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1347938
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

tell me about it. its probably the most advanced of the three and yet nobody appreciates it.

Both the PS3 and the 360 are far more advanced then the Wii. (Even my old laptop was more advanced then it.)

If you want me to get technical about it, just say the word.
genocidalsynergy
genocidalsynergy
1 posts
Nomad

My preference is the PS3, Especially the slim version.
I've had two XBOX 360s and got the famous red ring of death >.>

I have Wii also, Mainly because they got most of the old school games.(Which I prefer over todays games.)

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

i don't care what you say but i prefer Wii cause it let's you exercise haha

Not really. All you have to do is move your arms usually, unless you are really into it. I know there is an exception though: Wii Fit.

I have Wii also, Mainly because they got most of the old school games.(Which I prefer over todays games.)

You know you can download most PS1 games on PS3, and play all PS1 games on the PS3? It's completely backwards compatible to PS1, but the new PS3's aren't backwards compatible at all with PS2. (which sucks.

i vote abox360 cause you can play harder games one it and you can play with other players most of the time.

Well, most consoles pretty well have the same types of games ranging in difficulty... in their own ways sometimes. And PS3 and Wii have online multiplayer gameplay too. Heck, even DS has that feature.

However, I must admit, it doesn't have as many games as it should.

Maybe not as many good games as it should. The Wii has an intense amount of shovelware (games no one wants) residing in the Walmart discount bin.

I have to go with 360 for overall graphics.

Just telling you, that the PS3 can output graphics in the highest HD quality available, 1080p!

@xXforforXx: nice similes, I lol'd.
xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

3: The online play is brilliant just look at mario kart wii 12 people racing round a track and no lagg or lost connection and it's free unlike some *cough*xbox*cough*

Ever heard of MAG for PS3 it's gonna gonna have the capacity of 256 players online in each round.(Think about it 10 rounds at a time holding 2560 players that's impressive.)

And it's been stated that the Wii has more limited speed for online then the PS3 and the 360.
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

It's got an entire new way of playing the games

Ps3's dualshock does the same thing.

The online play is brilliant just look at mario kart wii 12 people racing round a track and no lagg or lost connection and it's free unlike some *cough*xbox*cough*

So, one game and the fact that online play isn't laggy? Ps3 has like 17 exclusives rated more than 9 by IGN.com

Also, PS3's internet is way better.

You can play in the middle of your living room with friends all around having a laugh or you can pull out the gaming chair and sit in front of the screen and whittle away hours on a game like zelda

Um? Same thing with PS3. Youc and do that with any gaming system. That is why it is a gaming system.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Ever heard of MAG for PS3 it's gonna gonna have the capacity of 256 players online in each round.(Think about it 10 rounds at a time holding 2560 players that's impressive.)

just incase you think it'll lag, they reduced fps to 30 and the beta doesn't lag.

prefer:

quantity
quality
uniqueness

PS3 - eyetoy, sixaxis dualshock 3 controllers (motion sensitive), coming out with wii-like controller.

quality + uniqueness

xbox is a conspiracy! the ps controller : X [](box) O(360) triangle (four green triangles in logo)
imn0tp0ted
imn0tp0ted
4 posts
Nomad

i like the ps3 because you can go online by basically paying once

Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

Weman I agree but do you care to give a reason why? and Imn0tp0ted in America (I don't live there) It's 60 Dollers for the console and it does'nt have many pepole on it Xbox has more pepole online. Xbox 360 is coming with a internet option a facebook option Sky + everything good is getting put onto it. It's going to take work but there doing it

laBandito
laBandito
28 posts
Nomad

[i]Xbox 360 all the way best games and graphics ever!!!

Accually the ps3's and Xbox 360's graphics about the same, trust me, I have played Cod WAW on both game systems and saw no diffrence. But I do prefer the 360 because I had a PS3 once and it over heated in a week.... I wonder why.

DamagedFox
DamagedFox
71 posts
Nomad

Most of the people that are chanting "360" are just owners.
Those are the people that couldn't afford a PS3.
I find the opinions to be much more solid from PS3 users than X-Box users.
Notice most of the fan-boys simply exclaim "X-Box, ftw!!"
But in reality, the PS3 is way better than the 360. It's a by far more powerful system.
Sure, 360 has some pretty sick games, but what use are they when you can't play them, due to Microsoft's 'awesome' choice in hardware.

I didn't pay an extra $200 because I'm a "fan-boy". I paid an extra $200 because I have always trusted the Sony brand and knew it would run.

xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

Weman I agree but do you care to give a reason why? and Imn0tp0ted in America (I don't live there) It's 60 Dollers for the console and it does'nt have many pepole on it Xbox has more pepole online. Xbox 360 is coming with a internet option a facebook option Sky + everything good is getting put onto it. It's going to take work but there doing it

The PS3 could go on Facebook and other sites like it from the day it launched because it has a web browser.
Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

Yes but can you get movies? Can you get Sky +? Can you get cartoons? can you get sports? No' But Xbox Is bringing out one where you can watch televison surf the net and write on it (Could go on Armorgames.com) you could do anything relly with the new Xbox (Anything what can be possible to put into a console) BTW has anyone seen the PS3 Grill?

jclayallday46
jclayallday46
1 posts
Nomad

This IS an absolute question because it's based on opinion when this is supposed to be a battle, PS3 is the future of gaming and all you Nintendo fan boys need to under stand that, but its the future of gaming, right now it's xbox 360 in the spotlight because of all the award winning games exclusive to Xbox only,the wii is a joke i have 3 Wiis before this one, its easy to make profit of a wii thou you can buy for 200$ at a store but sell on ebay to some jap retard for 350$

im am going to list the features the systems have

xbox:creditable mics and co-op community,faceboook and twitter(coming out Oct 1) xbox only games that are just out- standing like Gears O' War, Left 4 Dead, And Of course HALO!!!
Xbox Is Very easy to break,3mil copies were sold and still had an error that Microsoft had known about(E74 RRoD) and 7% broke from faulting disk trays(disk trays are the past you need to be more like the wii and ps3)so its gunna need repairs at some point in your consoles life

Wii:Ok if you have a family and you are the man of the house hands down get this for the kids, its the most family friendly system,with a brand you trust.It have so little flaws it is worth the money,but has all children games, and when they turn from 11 to 12 the 1 thing they like is first person shooters(boys of course)
so go and buy the wii but its gonna sit in the dust in 2 years.same thing i told my ex girlfriend "Baby listen up, were ova I can do better than [You].

Ps3:Ah the godfather of the video games,this has of course a blu ray player,blu ray games and smaller discs and cases,but the most fame bringer is th graphics,but they get game add ons months after xbox and is not fun to play with freinds, and the players are rude and crude, but funny as hell

so America say no to DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Architect1
Architect1
5 posts
Nomad

i perfer the wii, although it does have a rather limited game selection. PS3 freezes too much and just isn't worth it. Xbox360 is great, but all the games seem very similar to me.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Those are the people that couldn't afford a PS3.

And with the new price drop. It's even better.

Yes but can you get movies?

Yes... you can watch DVD's and Blurays... can the 360 play Bluray discs? Nope.

Can you get Sky +? Can you get cartoons? can you get sports? No'

... Why would you care about these things... when you have a TV? I'm pretty sure if you have a 360/PS3/Wii... that you have a TV to watch TV on.
But Xbox Is bringing out one where you can watch televison

Why don't you just watch TV... with your TV... (or satellite/cable box if you have one...)

surf the net

PS3 can already do that.

and write on it (Could go on Armorgames.com)

PS3 can already do that.

you could do anything relly with the new Xbox (Anything what can be possible to put into a console)

Again... what all 360 fans say. Really, can anyone actually define this?

@jclayallday: Nice post.

Xbox 360 is Much better and all the Games Look Better

Alright-y then. Doesn't really say much about why the 360 is better (maybe because it isn't...) xD

i perfer the wii, although it does have a rather limited game selection

Not really. The Wii has so many crappy games... look in the discount bin.

PS3 freezes too much and just isn't worth it.

Mine's fine. All consoles have a few faulty machines (some more than others... *cough* 360 *cough*)... I haven't had any problems though...

And did you know that the PS3 is only $299 now?
Showing 196-210 of 5035