ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1352910
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
afroman
afroman
78 posts
Nomad

I only own an xbox 360 so unfortunately I have to vote for that I suppose.... however it broke on me and microsoft is making my life terrible so if I owned one of the others I might vote for one of them..... HALO/CoD5 FTW BUT GEARS MUST DIE!!!!

i_rule_the_world
i_rule_the_world
25 posts
Nomad

the Xbox360 is better then the Wii and the PS3 because its the best of the best

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

xbox 360 was the best of the three. great price, great features, great online community.

PS3... only $299... and plus if you get a 360, it is really more expensive... because you will be paying for Live...

Features? Does it have a website? Does it have the ability to run folding@home? Media servers?

Free online. That's all I have to say. Why would you want to keep on paying?
Zappax
Zappax
10 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think the 360 is the best, but...

360:Better Games
PS3:Better quality
Wii:more fitness

360ay an extra 200$ for live
PS3:Expensive
Wii:Too kids related

Thats what I think of them.

wilhite
wilhite
9 posts
Nomad

vote the Wii (I know your going wtf?) You can say Im a Nintendo fan. I only pick it because its a change in gameplay all together. Instead of just your hands use your body and break a sweat for once and actually feel physically fit. I own the PS3 but I dont have much time to actually play them due to I have a life. The Wii was perfect for me and my family since we have friends and family over every week and its something everyone will do and like. My friends even perfer playing on the Wii than camping out in my room for hours and dont see the light of day. The Wii can have its downsides but they dont bother me. I just like it than the other new gen systems and thats that.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

Depends on who you are and your preference...

Unable to play M rated games-Wii

Able to Play M Rated Games-PS3

Don't Mind Constantly repairing or buying new consoles-360

I'm happy with my Wii, but I wish I had a PS3.

VinnyDeath
VinnyDeath
1 posts
Shepherd

I've got both Ps3 and a Wii and, strangely enough, I would like to have a 360 as well.

The wii is fun, play for half an hour or so with some friends, lighthearted entertainment etc...

My Ps3 is my workhorse, DVD/Blu-Ray, heavy gaming etc... and Media Server...

But the Ps3 leaves something to be desired as a server, and you can do a lot more with an X360 when it comes to codecs and playing HD across a network. (I use a desktop with 2.5tb of external space as my media server, XP box)

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,208 posts
Nomad

PS3 - Okay, lets remove the fact you can cook a steak on the processor, it is okay. At the original price of £600 you were being vastly ripped off. It has now halfed its price (which all Sony fans were so desperately waiting for), and all Sony have removed is backward compatibility. At the moment the PS3 is not the best of all the consoles, with its graphics card at 550 MHz, and the Xbox 360's graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT) at 575 MHz and top of Nvidia GeForce's 8 series. The processor is moderately fast but . . .

http://cache.kotaku.com/images/2006/05/Ken%20Kutaragi%20is%20proud%20of%20Playstation%203.jpg

So with most hardware either worse than the Xbox 360s or having major flaws we look at the game range. PS3 has very little in the way of selection of games, and a great feature was its backwards compatibility, because the hardcore Sony gamers enjoyed PS3 games a lot more than the small selection of PS3 games in general. Sony went for a price drop, but sadly this may put off potential buyers because of the removal of all backwards compatibility.
Also, when buying a PS3 you will soon find out you have Blu Ray: you just wasted £100.
Along with that the multiplayer lobby can be hard to navigate.

I might do some more review later. :/

xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

with its graphics card at 550 MHz, and the Xbox 360's graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT) at 575 MHz and top of Nvidia GeForce's 8 series. The processor is moderately fast but . . .

Compare the Teraflops of the GPU in PS3 with the 360.

PS3: 1.8 Teraflops
360: 0.9 Teraflops or below

And it isn't just one processor in the PS3 it's seven compared to the 360s tri core processor. (that's four processors in difference)

Teraflops is a measurement of computing speed.

PS3 has very little in the way of selection of games

Favorite statement of a 360 fanboy, Anyway I think the 360 has very little selection of games IMO.

And I own all of the current gen consoles.

Failures so far:

1 Wii bricked
4 360s RRoD

No problems with my launch PS3.
ThePieMaker
ThePieMaker
31 posts
Nomad

I have a real problem with Xbox 360, because of it failure chance. You have a 1/3 of a chance that your Xbox with break, and it takes money, and 6 weeks to repair it. I has amazing graphics though, better than both the playstation, and the wii, but I will always be a nintendo fan, and cant keep away from metroid, but the wii has less graphic apeal, but I think it's still the best system, and I never want to use duel antolog sticks for a first shooter again.

JJB366
JJB366
4 posts
Nomad

Online gaming PS3.
Home gaming Wii and Xbox360

Online gaming with PS3 is easily the best as you dont have to pay to use the internet, though i belive that the Xbox 360 controllers are better.

Home gaming with Wii is good becuase it is so more interactive and has cool remotes, though they could be more responsove but the motion plus has fixed that up.
There could be better games for it though and it is more suited to younger gamers.

Xbox360 is good for older gamers aat home, 15 or above in most cases.
It has the best remote for racing in my opinion as the games are set up for using the triggers. it also has the best remote for shooting games as it has very life-like triggers.

liverprule
liverprule
2 posts
Nomad

X-Box 360 4 ever

PS3 memory taken up by having to install every game

Wii too childish

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

So with most hardware either worse than the Xbox 360s or having major flaws we look at the game range. PS3 has very little in the way of selection of games, and a great feature was its backwards compatibility, because the hardcore Sony gamers enjoyed PS3 games a lot more than the small selection of PS3 games in general. Sony went for a price drop, but sadly this may put off potential buyers because of the removal of all backwards compatibility.
Also, when buying a PS3 you will soon find out you have Blu Ray: you just wasted ã100.
Along with that the multiplayer lobby can be hard to navigate.
I might do some more review later. :/

um yea of course, all the hardware in the ps3 is worse than the 360's... to bad someone needs to look at the actual information... Sony spent a long time fixing every peice of hardware in the ps3, and in the long run made it 10x btr than that of a xbox... microsoft sent it off early to make more money... yet almost 3 quarters of those sent off had rrod. So yea ps3 has way btr hardware... Secondly how it having blu ray a waste of money lol... Either your scared of technology or you have no idea wat blu ray is... (and yes its as good as all blu ray players out there). And as for game selection? It has every single good game out there that xbox has other than gears of war. (halo sucks so yea). But the ps3 now also includes resistance 1 and 2, LBP, Uncharted 1 and 2, Demon's Souls, and motorstorm.. These are just my favorites.
So im not exactly sure where u got your information from, but congrats on gettin everything wrong....

adambel2006
adambel2006
2 posts
Nomad

Id have to say the ps3 because you get almost every feature there is to get and you dont have to pay for online to play online and you get to talk with microphone.....the wii is okay but im tired of it because everyone is coming out with awesome games for the ps3 and xbox and wii is stuck with hopping rabbits and stupid racing games....the 360 is awesome but the only thing not good about it is you have to pay for online but hey you get awesome gaming quality!

skillfull
skillfull
81 posts
Farmer

i like xbox 360 becase i have the wii and the 360 my friend has the ps3 and 360 ranks out so much further than all the others but wiis still good

Showing 286-300 of 5035