ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1351537
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
Rellic
Rellic
34 posts
Nomad

360 Wins Here.. Live Is Great, Great Games Like HALO!!! And Gears.

CrazyBurningFire
CrazyBurningFire
50 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 is #1, superior graphics,great online,and AWESOME games, COD series and Halo Series!

I have a wii and i rarely play it, reason is that graphics suck, games arent that great.

I know nothing about the PS3 since i dont have one!

orfict
orfict
124 posts
Nomad

wii is fun for everyone, but xbox360 wins for me. Havn't played on a ps3 yet though.

peaceman1
peaceman1
248 posts
Nomad

really to me Xbox 360 is a good system but so much money u have to put in it.it can get fustrating/i say ps3 as great graphics 10/10 but gameplay sucks so for me its all about the wii

foxychipmunk
foxychipmunk
1 posts
Nomad

ps3 is amazing its the best thing that ever happened to gaming with only one downside which is not as many people play it as xbox 360. so please go and buy a ps3

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
3 posts
Nomad

I rank them like this:

Xbox 360.
Playstation 3.
Nintendo Wii.

Why?

Well it breaks down like such;

The Xbox 360 is my first choice simply because of the games, it is my favourite console for the gaming experience it offers. It has (arguably) the best selection of retail games today. The online experience is fantastic, of course, it's not free unlike the Playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii but I'll leave you with this quote

"You get what you pay for"

Its' online experience is the best out of the three consoles, you have to pay for it, but it guarantee's that you get a decent service (and we are talking about Microsoft).

It isn't perfect (biggest recoil history, the infamous Red Ring of Death; RROD, service is a little off)

As for the Playstation 3. I wanted it mainly for the Blu-Ray / HD DVD. It's likely the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market (atleast here it is). The interface is a little annoying, but it's fine if you've ever used a PSP. However the game library at the moment is small compared to my 360 collection. It's online experience is weak compared to the 360 and Nintendo Wii. Infamous, MGS4 and Little Big Planet seem to be the only best-selling titles it's ever had. However, I do watch much more passive media, so therefore my Playstation 3 has likely been turned on much more than my 360 or Wii.

Finally, the Wii. It's still wining in sales compared to both the 360 and Wii. It has a huge gaming library (historically speaking that is). The whole system forces game-makers to think a little about their games and how they make them. Unfortunately this is it's downfall. Like the Playstation 3, the game library (again) has very little that make me go out and buy games for it. Nintendo doesn't really care about the hardcore gamer anymore. It is targeting a whole new family.

Things such as the Wii Fit pull in other customers (other family members' also) which is one of the main reasons why it's still wining in sales.

Unfortunately that doesn't suit people, such as myself who just want to play games and have fun.

Now if the PC were classed a console, it'd be first for sure. But that's for another thread.

RickersXS
RickersXS
80 posts
Nomad

The Xbox 360 is by far the best. The PS3 has no good games which you cant get on the the Xbox and is well too expensive.
The Wii started of with good games but now only has stupid games like wii fit and is no good for proper gamers.
The Xbox 360 has good games and the best online multiplayer format.
The PS2 is still the best console ever and never will be beaten. Without the PS2 there would be no PS3 and Xbox would have nothing to rip their controllers off from.
Without the PS2 the gamecube would have had no real competion thus rendering the need for an updated console unnessercary and there would be no need for the Wii.

bighen
bighen
20 posts
Nomad

wii is the best cause of the originality and the games gaming isnt totally about grafix

iceblade512
iceblade512
19 posts
Nomad

[i]X-Box 360

[b]I choose this system beacause as pointed out by someone earlier it is cheaper and has better games and I agree with that. Also X-Box live allows you to interact with new people and make friends unlike the Wii and PS3.

WilliamTheGamer
WilliamTheGamer
196 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 because the online community are nicer since if you get banned you have to pay to get another account while on the Ps3 its free isn't it also You get what you payed for

Having tried the wii online because i use an ethernet cable i'm trying to get the adaptor soon.

Btw I own all the console platforms

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

PS3 could be better if it had more games, but because of that I must say the 360 is better

odl567
odl567
20 posts
Nomad

Well being as i have all 3 of them i guess i can make an unbiased desicion im really not sure in order it'd have to be 360 PS3 and wii the wii is a party system too me. While the PS3 seems like a Dvd that lets you play a few games. Whereas the xbox as all sorts of games and runs really well, I guess it all comes down to personal opinion

0sjors0
0sjors0
15 posts
Nomad

x-box, wii sucks at gameplay and doesnt make good games for it , ps3 blue ray reader cannot hold it too long so thats why is choce x.box
whee?;D

supercoo222
supercoo222
1,270 posts
Nomad

x-box 360 why: it has better games, graphics and live than any other gaming system.

soldier7
soldier7
148 posts
Nomad

i think my vote will go to ...........(drmurole) LOL

WII
its the best in my opininon some of the reasons are the online community is better because you can talk as in hear each others voice with this wii talk thing i cant remember what its called. Also because it has the best graphics and because there is movement my cousins had a playstion 3 and i loved it. But then i went to my freinds house he had a wii and call of duty 5 and he had 2 controllers and to anolog nunchucks. at first i was rubbish but then at the end i beat him.

so thats how i got a nintendo wii it has nearly the same games as ps3 and more beacause it has mario my favourite character.

Showing 31-45 of 5035