ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1348043
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
BombDefuser
BombDefuser
6 posts
Nomad

playstaion is a big thing and if you buy the slim it's worse cards cost alot of money xbox has one of the bigest hard drive's ever and i'm talking about the first xbox the second has even more that triumphs the playstation end of story

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

xbox has one of the bigest hard drive's ever

... No. The highest storage of hard drive on the 360 is 120GB. The PS3 has either 80 GB, 120GB, or 160 GB. Please research the proper facts before saying stuff like this.

well thats true free online game play but you have to buy points still

Yeah... to download games and DLC for games. Playing online is still free... unlike the 360.

xbox 360 with the HDD cord wins it's graphics are amazing with it

Well... the PS3 can output 1080p high definition... which is the highest level of HD available... with an HDMI cord.

plus better system "reliable"

Xbox 360 failure rate: 23%
PS3 failure rate: 10%

Source. Based on a study of 16000 consoles. And the article is recent to within a week ago.

playstaion is a big thing

Get a slim. It's the same price.

and if you buy the slim it's worse cards cost alot of money

???
Ithae
Ithae
256 posts
Nomad

Ive read through the comments and nobody's mentioned this. Sony really does care for its customers. When the xBox 360 came out, did they really ever publish much more xBox titles? No. When the Nintendo Wii came out, I think the last game the published on both systems was LOZTP.

But Sony cares. They continue to put some titles on the PS2 as well as the PS3. Madden '10 anyone? When PS4 comes out and you don't have the cash for it, don't worry, they'll still publish you games It ll probably be another year before they stop Publishing. unlike the other 2 (crappy)company's.

So obviously my vote is for the ALMIGHTY PS3 B!TCHES

Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

The Wii is my personal favorite. I've always been a Nintendo fan, ever since the first SMB came out. Yes, I'm that old.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

X-Box and PS3 are LAZY!

Wii does not get you fit. If you want real fitness go play outside.
Wolfspirit
Wolfspirit
3 posts
Nomad

xbox360 is the best system ever made. It has awesome games and graphics etc.i also have a wii and its has ok games arent great or graphics etc. I hate ps3s o.o

dominatin
dominatin
1 posts
Nomad

Ps3 developed off of a classic.. Playstation.. so i gotta love it. On the other hand i love the xbox'x online versus the ps3, but then again i like ps3 games that arent online. I love the fact you can play music while in the game wit xbox360..
all in all its the xbox 360 for me.

Sein
Sein
2 posts
Nomad

I go with 360 because, It comes out with games from both consoles, It has the Halo francise, And much much more..

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

And much much more..

every xbox fan says this... yet we never get to fully understand the concept of much much more...

People need to start researching some information before posting unreliable info against the ps3...

alex2222
alex2222
16 posts
Nomad

I vote xbox360 great games easy use of multiplayer and just 24/7 fun

Rxv
Rxv
20 posts
Nomad

I think the Xbox360. Mainly cuz thats all i got. I had a gamecube, but the Wii isnt the greatest thing, the movement is awsome, the games are eh. If you are judging by games id go with the Xbox360. For quality PS3. Wii for "other things". The mayor downside to Xbox360 is that it breaks, alot. Mine comitted suicide a good 3 months ago but whatever.

SilentAssassin1131
SilentAssassin1131
19 posts
Peasant

360 is best most well rounded system. it has a vast game selection and pretty decent graphics. also the online system is awesome, and the price isnt unreasonable. also the controller just fits so well into your hands and the offset dual sticks just work soooo well for fps games, the Skate games, and pretty much all games actually. the only bad thing is the inconsistancy of the system, and since its made by microsoft (which I personally dont like as a company) it breaks down and has alot of flaws in its make up (I.E. red ring of death). that being said, my system has only broken down once, and it was repaired free and sent back to me tip top (the whole process only took about two weeks).

ps3 is the most powerful system, it has the most bang for you buck(if your willing to shell out money even though the price did drop recently). the game selection seems a bit low, and most of the games, with the exception of MGS4, can be found on other systems. added plusses are a (as i understand i could be wrong) free online gameplay, and blue-ray player. the graphics and over all mapping is just phenominal, this system has staying power for sure, towards the end of its facet as a next gen console, you will see some of the most realistic graphics out of the three.

Wii. well, its nintendo, so you know gameplay is the facet of the system, most of the graphics ive seen have leaned more towards the cartoony graphics, however, the smoothness and lighting in these games are pretty remarkable considering how "weak" the system is as far as computing. the whole controller set up is pretty cool, and works really really well for the games that have been made for it, the whole multiple controller system is nice in that it provides really specific control for your game of choice, however i dont like how if i want to play skate on it, i have to buy a whole new controller to get the full wii experience. the system itself is cheap, but in the long haul you spend more on games and controllers. another problem this causes is storage, who has room for a wii fit mat, skate it mat, nun-chuck controllers, game cube controllers, classic controllers, and all the games you want. you almost need an entire room devoted to Wii.

360 is the best all over.

DarkSorsa
DarkSorsa
14 posts
Nomad

PS3, for few reasons 1. FREE ONLINE (360 users have to pay for that)
2. PS3 lasts longer than 360 (51% xbox users have had RRoD)
3. PS3 has way more Exclusive games coming this and next year than 360
4. Better graphics (thanks Blu-Ray)

DarkSorsa
DarkSorsa
14 posts
Nomad

and one more thing Xbox controller uses 2 AA Batteries (which it drains quite fast) compared to PS3 which doesn't need those

Tyfighter152
Tyfighter152
50 posts
Nomad

here's my answer.
Wii: wrong, there have been tons of accadents from the Wii because people don't use the strap
Xbox 360: good but still wrong, It has great games but it breaks all the time
PS3:ding ding ding We have a winner, Has great graphics (just look at mirrior's edge) some great games (mirrior's edge again and Little big planet) the only thing that's missing is L4D and Halo 3 for the Ps3 then it would be Ps3 Hands down. Little Big Planet has awesome gamplay since you can make your own levels and awesome graphics.

*I know a lot of you are going to argue with this*

Showing 166-180 of 5035