Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Do you believe in the colonization of Mars? Futuristically Speaking

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 3:53pm

florglee2

florglee2

1,864 posts

theyve found bacteria up there, which proves alien life is real. we're still not sure if the moon is lifeless, so if we do colonize mars, someone might wanna re-colonize it

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 4:46pm

madgamer012

madgamer012

781 posts

Actually, NASA is planning to start a dome project(so we can live in it) on mars around 2150. I read it in a couple books or so. So if earth gets destroyed :/, we will be ready for mars :\\

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 4:58pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Well like i said before, the sun will start to become too hot in about 2-3 million years (I think) so we still have time to get everything situated on Mars. This could also cause problems. Should we let diseased people go up there? If we don't then we could have a disease free planet.

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 5:00pm

florglee2

florglee2

1,864 posts

disease free for how long? eventually, two mars colonies will start to get mad at eachother, an then a war'll start, an eventually, maybe 10 or 12 wars later, someone will develop a bio-organic weapon an then release it, an now whoopsie daisy we've got disease again. the world jez cant behave itself

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 5:06pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

I once read a book, and it acctually said that if we had enough resources we would just start pumping Oil and Oxygen and Nitrogen into Mars's atmosphere, after it receives a strong atmosphere, we've got a new planet that you can go outside in. Sadly, I don't think Technology is going that far. We still have some people that think no one went to the moon. :S [Saw some old men on HistoryHD, first time I ever watched the channel. Lol]

Anyway, I think Mars will NEVER be colonized, just because Earth was built for us. xP If we do have over-population problems, I don't tihnk spending million dollar fuel, rocket launch setup, pilot trips and training would be needed. After all, you can't just throw people into mars, they won't know how to live and will eventually kill themselves. I doubt diseased people have much knowledge of how to deal with gravity in a shuttle. Just saying, though.

As people go up, resources go down. I only think that 1) The Manned Mars mission will be a failure, because it seems nearly impossible that a shuttle with Men could make it to mars and back with resources while going that far. Who's gonna even get the Oil for it?

I'm not sure, it just seems like over time The earth is being wasted down into nothing while were flying around other planets :P

Doesn't look like it'll ever be colonized, but who knows, maybe 500  Years from now they'll say. "My Daddy was one of deh lucky ppl that got to live on Mars, and  his daddy's name was COHEED! :D"

Who knows. Lol. xP

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 5:14pm

notepad7

notepad7

81 posts

I think we could one day but maybe one day we could but think about this we can't even have a machince come back to earth and we'll first need to do this on the moon it could happen one day but not in our lifetime maybe even not in this milleneum

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 5:24pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

On Mars theirs dust that can hopefully be grinded into Mineralization.
'

The moons a bunchah rock, we would have to coat it with Mud and Give it an atmosphere. Nearly impossible.

Posted Mar 30, '08 at 6:06pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

Some real fact is that the suns life span is around another 8 to 9 billion years, after that is turns into a black whole and we say bye bye to our whole solar system. So we dont have to worry for a few billion years, but leaving our solar system by then is not out of the question.

I dont know why but i really dont like your opinions armed blade, they make you sound like a religious analyst. Anyway back to the subject.

By the time we have to colonize Mars, we wont have war and are planet will have one government. This prosses is under the way as we speak, i can make a new topic about that if u like with truthful and knowledgeable statements. In the future we will be able to prevent and cure most disease and the diseases that we will kno of in the future we will be able to surpass them.

it would be pointless to colonize the moon, maybe we'l build an military base on it but not colonize it.

Yes the best way to create an atmosphere on Mars would be to plant moss and algae close to or near the ice cap. Then 100 years later we will be able to introduce nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen, because the atmosphere will be dense enough by then.  But theres no way to calm Mars crazy weather, there dust storms last for months and  they reach out almost to space.

So my concussion is that mars will become habitable, in another thousand years. Just look at us now, we can practically recreate a mammoth, what will happen in the next 10 or 20 years is going to be mind bending. Im talkn robots, cars that drive themselves, plains that can be used as submarines. Theres no telling what the future beholds.