ForumsWEPRDo you believe in the colonization of Mars? Futuristically Speaking

17 5694
Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

In a few years from now there will be the first manned mission to Mars, through the years we have done allot of research about its environment and learned that it actually contains and ice cap with H2O. I am not saying any time soon that this will happen but I feel that in a few hundred years, Mars will be inhabitable. We might not be able to go outside on Mars, but live in specially designed buildings that are able to support life and withstand Mars's harsh climate.

What do all you people think about this topic, is it possible?

• 17 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

On Mars theirs dust that can hopefully be grinded into Mineralization.
'

The moons a bunchah rock, we would have to coat it with Mud and Give it an atmosphere. Nearly impossible.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Some real fact is that the suns life span is around another 8 to 9 billion years, after that is turns into a black whole and we say bye bye to our whole solar system. So we dont have to worry for a few billion years, but leaving our solar system by then is not out of the question.

I dont know why but i really dont like your opinions armed blade, they make you sound like a religious analyst. Anyway back to the subject.

By the time we have to colonize Mars, we wont have war and are planet will have one government. This prosses is under the way as we speak, i can make a new topic about that if u like with truthful and knowledgeable statements. In the future we will be able to prevent and cure most disease and the diseases that we will kno of in the future we will be able to surpass them.

it would be pointless to colonize the moon, maybe we'l build an military base on it but not colonize it.

Yes the best way to create an atmosphere on Mars would be to plant moss and algae close to or near the ice cap. Then 100 years later we will be able to introduce nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen, because the atmosphere will be dense enough by then. But theres no way to calm Mars crazy weather, there dust storms last for months and they reach out almost to space.

So my concussion is that mars will become habitable, in another thousand years. Just look at us now, we can practically recreate a mammoth, what will happen in the next 10 or 20 years is going to be mind bending. Im talkn robots, cars that drive themselves, plains that can be used as submarines. Theres no telling what the future beholds.

Showing 16-17 of 17