ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1001860
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

I hate deserters, hackers, and cheaters. Other than the people who fall into that group everyone else I have met there is nice!

It is a really good game, one of my all time favorites.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Let me add to that list.
I hate:

- Deserters
- People who don't talk
- Hackers/Cheaters
- Spammers
- Trolls
- Pedophiles
- All caps chatting

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

My hate list:

- Deserters
- Silent people
- Rushers
- Trolls
- Idiots
-rank 1 people who won't listen to my superior tactical skill
- hotkeyers
- Cocky retards

Also. . .I've always found the best type of burger to be a steakburger, with spicy mayo. Yum.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

- hotkeyers

Hotkeys were fixed in version 1.13.
So, no more problems.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

-rank 1 people who won't listen to my superior tactical skill

Exactly. We are giving them points on how to win, and they don't use them. It drives me insane!
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

lol. Btw hi firetail! Yea well, i don't really like the people to talk trash and people that don't let me do what i want lol.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This isn't a general discussion about who you hate. Anything about Colony :P (and beef burgers)

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I always thought sakata spiders were a bit underpowered. They seemingly have less health than the MK IIs, but they cost more and they're tier 3 instead of 2 >.<

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, they do heal faster but they have a lot less life.
That makes it easy prey for tanks and missles.
But modified Sakatas are beast.
To make them stronger, all they need is a better range.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but, i have some suggestions to colony. And i want you guys to see if they're decent.

Well, since Krin made this a tribute to starcraft, you say add self defence structures. It will add diversity to the governments. Very much like starcraft. I will also include a description of the structures and a little backstory why it fits each government.

Capitalist-- Cost: 40 Dollars 20 Manpower 20 Energy. Due to the fact that capitalist main ideal is to gain money, they can afford the most expensive technology to aid in their victory. This self defence structure is very much like the cannon in starcraft. It can attack air and ground units. It has a medium firerate and can be upgraded 3 times (Each upgrade increases damage).

Fascist-- Cost: 25 Dollars 20 Manpower 35 Energy. Fascists rely on speed of unit production and structure construction. (Very much like the Zerg race in starcraft) They can create ground attacking self defence structures or only anti air attacking structures. The ground structure (sunken) has fast fire rate and will injure most infantry to half life. Can be upgraded 3 times (Each upgrade increases damage)

The anti-air structure can only attack air units and has a splash radius. It will destroy scouts in 2 hits. Can be upgraded 3 times (Each upgrade increases damage).

Communist-- Cost: 35 Manpower 20 Dollars 10 Energy. Seeing that men are willing to sacrifice their lives on the battlefield, most infantry will shelter themselves with a barricade structure (like terran in starcraft, the bunker). This structure is not exactly self defence. You must load units into the structure and the units will do the same damage as they orginally do. You can load six ground infantry units into the bunker. Only ground infantry units can access the bunker. Can be upgraded 3 times (Upgrading gives more space to the bunker, increases by 2 for each upgrade). Gladiators take 2 times the space for a bunker.

Some additional notes

Capitalist and Fascist self defence structures cannot be destroyed to enemy fire and can be salvaged for 50% of the cost spent on the structure. Communist on the other hand, can be destroyed under enemy fire. It can be destroyed but you will not gain 50% of the cost. Self defence structures, like units, have their own range. They will react on the position you put them on ground zero. So it's best advised that you put them in the front ground zero towards the opponent. Bunkers have slightly more life than hover tanks and have Structure armor, which all damage besides Anti-Chronite damage (such as snipers and hover tanks) deals 50% less damage. Anti-Chronite damage deals 100% damage. Missiles will damage the bunker before ever damaging the central base.

Other Suggestions

I suggest a double click feature like starcraft when you double click on 1 unit it will select all that kind of unit just like in stsarcraft. (it's a strain to select an army of a specific unit in a jumble of other units.)
As a response to my bunker self defence structure idea, there should be an engineer that can repair bunkers when their out on the battlefield (they cannot repair if they're inside the bunker but you can still load them). They also repair 2x more than a medic does to mechanical ground units. Engineers cost 9 manpower and 2 energy to make.
We should also add additional hotkeys for the game. (Just like starcraft, the first letter of the structure/unit name. Also check if this conflicts with the patch for the hotkey glitch).

What do you guys think? Feedback will be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry if this is too much work for you Krin, just trying to put my thoughts and try to make the game more enjoyable.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Perhaps a boost tower too, which increases units by the base and self-defense structure's fire rate and damage.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

firetail, that is one of the best ideas ive seen, able to upgrade the base, which either person could do.

firetail wins this thread.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

When I'm on the lobby man...there are so many spammers. It's so annoying but when I'm on a battle. yes the spammers are gone. but sometimes your teammate just leaves.....

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Yah, here are some suggestions I've thought of:

-Boost Tower
-One unit group selection
-Central base Upgrades
-Manpower tier 3 structure
-More influence units
-Chat Mods

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

he said chat mods would be added soon but it hasnt happened yet. and it would be nice if the hospital or somethin could be upgraded

Showing 1-15 of 6563