ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1004527
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Argh, lets stop talking about this "unstoppable defense" lol.

QUESTION: Has anyone really used the special forces from the special ops? I used them during a test and the marines took a lot of fire from the base, but that is about all I noticed.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Though phantoms would die to my sakatas and the hover tanks would die to... well my hover tanks. It would take about 10 phantoms before even getting the health of my hover tank to slowly decrease. My blackqueen will fire at the hovertanks and would give the upper edge towards the fight.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

special forces suck, tried them against a couple hovertanks and boom goes the 100 influence.

srsly. lets talk modified sakata. best modded unit there is.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Well the best "modded" is the sakata but the best "influence" is the scramble rescue team. Simple medic will increase survivability towards all your ground units. The modded sakata will only just have survivability towards that 1 unit. Not much of a use there.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

but its awesome, once it gets to base with no units at it, no way to beat it cuz it heals itself. and attacks so demm fast.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

QUESTION: Has anyone really used the special forces from the special ops? I used them during a test and the marines took a lot of fire from the base, but that is about all I noticed.

Don't you think they marines took a lot more fire because of the medics that come with the special forces?
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Well, I did mention the mod sakata, and it definately has more use than a normal one, like I said, it can take a base by itself, can draw alot of fire, and is VERY good at hit and run **note, most ppl don't use medics for some reason, so hit and run is great**

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Don't you think they marines took a lot more fire because of the medics that come with the special forces?

No, I only sent my marines because I wanted them dead lol, they were out of place in the picture (the one firetail took in the Colony Tourney thread)
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

If more people did use medics, there's no need to hit and run. You can just keep firing at the base because the medics will heal out the damage.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

medics can heal the central base?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

medics can heal the central base?

Lol wouldn't that be great...but yeah Jerry you kind of confused me there, can ya clear it up plz?
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Uhh... no. He's saying hit and run the base with a unit. And i'm saying medics will heal the damage the central base does.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

But the Mod Sakata doesn't need meds to heal him, I was talking about hit and running enemy units, and since some ppl don't use meds, their units won't be healed.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea. modded satakas heal themselves which is why they are so own.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Yes i know that it heals themself. But your saying you can hit and run with most units (which is true), but other units don't have taht self healing capability, so which is why medics make it equal to a modded sakata.

Showing 181-195 of 6563