Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Haiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 2:05am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Knight doesn't get on much. So does Ryan.

A thread would be easier I guess. Woe befall us if the manager of the account leaves the site and doesn't pass on his password.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 11:13am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

Who don't one of the judges make one and then inform the other two as to the password, and then if one of them decides to quit, a new judge can simply be told of the password. That way at any given time, at least three people would be aware of the password.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 11:15am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

*totally mean "why" not "who".

Also, if there's a problem with having someone who is no longer a judge know the password, it could simply be changed.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 11:27am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Problem is an account requires an email. Unless one of then creates a new account. In any case a sticky would be more visible and celebrated.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 2:18pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

The thing about having a thread is that if merits do return to prior status, you'd then have to post both on a mod's profile and the thread. If it's on a profile, then they can reward the merit that's already showcased.

I suppose, but making a new email wouldn't be too hard, would it? Especially if that gives them a chance to better communicate with themselves whatever is happening.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 2:46pm

shock457

shock457

470 posts

I do have an account that I don't use anymore. You can do that on my profile, but I need the list of winners and probably their Haikus.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 5:33pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

Why don't one of the judges make one and then inform the other two as to the password

Because private chat doesn't exist so it could get hacked from someone reading comments.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 5:41pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,689 posts

Knight

Because private chat doesn't exist so it could get hacked from someone reading comments.

Acmed created a chatroom some time ago that has a private chat. You guys could go there and get the password.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 6:35pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

???

Welcome to the Haiku Contest. We are currently deliberating some technical details on how to reward contest winners, but feel free to post a theme-based Haiku as this round ends tonight at midnight (AG time).

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 6:55pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

I'm assuming you all have e-mails addresses? Or if you wish to retain privacy, you could simply go through Xat which offers private chats for all users regardless of whether or not you have an account.