Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Haiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 12, '12 at 8:49pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

People who have never judged should judge to know that its not always smooth flowing

sounds good,when does Killersup start?

Posted Sep 12, '12 at 8:51pm

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

sounds good,when does Killersup start?

Please don't, if you do the one's that don't get their haiku as the best, will be shot by your terrifying 12 gauge >.>

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 9:35am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

An idea for the impatient. Judges issue themes when they close the contest, not after they judge. Of course this runs the risk of massive procrastinization and build up.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 1:28pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

If dudeguy hasn't finished judging by tomorrow night, I'll do it over the weekend.

Judges issue themes when they close the contest, not after they judge.

Good idea, but with the tri-judge system, the next person in line would have to put it out. So I will.

THE NEXT ROUND'S THEME IS: Silence

I'll ask a mod to change the title when the current round is judged. Entries for the new round will not be counted until that time. So save 'em.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 9:16pm

shock457

shock457

470 posts

Silence? I thought the winner will choose the theme.

Apparently the descision isn't anonymous. Acmed wants this to happen. Dudeguy didn't say anything about this yet. Only you disagree, but Acmed wants the winner to choose theme.

Dudeguy is supposed to choose the theme...

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 9:25pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

No no, we have two ways under discussion. One, winner decides. Two, next judge chooses; if we go by the second for now because we're still undecided on, then Palp chooses because he's the next judge.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 10:32pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

^Heres my haiku for the round. Enjoy. :)

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 11:37pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

Ain't there Mav.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 2:36pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

I thought the winner will choose the theme.

How would such a round be judged? Let the winner do it? They may be swayed by friendships or other factors. Let a judge do it? It's difficult to judge a theme that was chosen by someone else, due to mixed interpretations or by having a confusing or specific topic that the judge may not be familiar with. Perhaps we could give a list of options for acceptable themes after the end of the judging rotation, and whichever judge put the word/phrase selected from the list could judge.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 8:23pm

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

They may be swayed by friendships or other factors. Let a judge do it?

I'm sure the people that post their haiku's won't be swayed by such pitiful things, since most people that post a haiku have pride in their work, and have their own pride.