Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Haiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 5:39pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Congrats!
November 30th? I should definitely have enough time to submit something.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 5:53pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

DAPRO89's haiku will be proudly archived in the About of HaikuContestWinners

No more submissions will be accepted, unless I am otherwise mistaken.

Typically, the round doesn't close until after 11:59pm of the due date, but oh well. I doubt many more users would've participated in the next few hours.

Run, run, go get your merit!!

Those were cancelled months ago. Hence, drumming up support has been difficult.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 5:57pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

NOOO I MISSED THIS ONE D: WHY MEEE.. Well i live on the opposite side of the world, and while there is day, here is night, and i have to sleep :/

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 5:59pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

I was late by few minutes :( Now im so sad, i want to cry..... ;( AND HERE IS NOT YET 13 ITS 12...... you guys should keep up with all timelines, not only for yours !!! I had time but you guys ended too early....

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 6:01pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

I doubt many more users would've participated in the next few hours.

Well next time Follow The Rules. If they sway 11.59 end it then!

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 6:11pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

Im sorry for the 4 postings, but i want this contest results to be NULLIFIED, CANCELED! 

the round doesn't close until after 11:59pm of the due date

This means that if the voting is done Before 11:59, its INVALID! It should be REVOKED!

The rules have been broken, and something like that should not happen!

Original Rule:

3) It must be submitted before the deadline

Well the deadline is 12th. This means ALL DAY OF 12TH. And results on 13th, which clearly is not done. If everyone stop following rules what would have happened? Fake votes for winners, and Chaos, Chaos everywhere!

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 6:38pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

I doubt many more users would've participated in the next few hours.

I get what you are saying...sucks though 'cause I was planning on submitting one =/ Oh well..next time though

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:13pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

I had time but you guys ended too early....

You had more than enough time. Most of the submissions were in on the first day, nearly 2 weeks ago.

Fake votes for winners

How do you think this works? There are no votes. This isn't a democracy.

sucks though 'cause I was planning on submitting one =/

How long were you planning this? You had 12.7 days.

But fine.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
I'll allow submissions for the old round to continue until midnight, as originally intended. Just be sure to announce which contest you're entering.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:54pm

murasaki9

murasaki9

1,342 posts

Typically, the round doesn't close until after 11:59pm of the due date, but oh well. I doubt many more users would've participated in the next few hours.

Why wasn't I told?

Chaos? Yep, it seems that way, doesn't it? No one can blame me for what I don't know. Why didn't anyone say that due November 12th meant due November 12th until midnight on November 12th? Ermagerhd!! This is driving me nuts!

Those were cancelled months ago. Hence, drumming up support has been difficult.

Oh, and no wonder there's not much participation! When was this cancelled? And why?

I'm wondering, is this a lost case or not?

Note: If you really want to get a haiku in for the round that supposedly ended, you'd better do it now. Midnight will be here soon. I am not happy about this.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:01pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Well worded, impeccable punctuation and grammar. I like how 'frail light' kind of runs together like smooth music. 'End' and 'journey' work well together, the assonance is both symbolically and physically meaningful. Great work! Run, run, go get your merit!!

Thank you murasaki9, the queen of haikus :)
And i have to thank EmperorPalpatine as he told me the third line was sloppy. And i rewrote it and won! Thanks Palpatine :) Also, thanks for adding me to the winners! :D