Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Bring the Quality of the Forums to the Games

Posted Jan 16, '08 at 1:52am

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Hey guys, I was just reviewing some of the game comments, and I noticed that hardly anyone writes as much for a game comment as they will for a forum post. And I was thinking why? Is it because game comments are worth more, so people are trying to get points quicker that way?

It would just be awesome to see everyone submit longer game comments, because I am sure everyone (including me!) is getting tired of flagging short comments. And most likely, if they are short they will probably get flagged and removed anyways, so the points will just end up getting lost... So why not put the effort into it the first time, to ensure you get to keep those points.

Just remember when you are commenting on games, if you like them don't just say "I like it" or "Good game", but say why you think it is good and what you enjoyed about it. And if you didn't like it, don't just write "It sux", but say what can be improved or what you don't like about it.

I just think it would be great to see the quality of comments that we have been getting in the forums applied to the games as well.

Posted Jan 16, '08 at 2:48am

masta_cheef

masta_cheef

545 posts

I agree with you although i don't know if some of my comments including "some might say it's easy but it's a little tricky for me, it's still cool though" would be considered short and then flagged. Hopefully they won't get flagged and i'll put a little more detail into them.

Posted Jan 16, '08 at 5:31pm

Zihark

Zihark

296 posts

I agree, I think people give too much importance to armor points :S it's not like you get anything from them other than bragging rights.

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 11:16pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Just keep flagging comments that are too short, have nothing constructive to say, or are just obviously spam.

Posted Jan 30, '08 at 10:13am

dank

dank

1,043 posts

Knight

It will also give you a greater chance of getting a merit! That's a 25 point bonus!

Posted Jan 30, '08 at 10:16am

dank

dank

1,043 posts

Knight

Also, short reviews like 'ok', 'great game', or 'stupid' are not needed because they can be expressed through the rating system.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 3:25am

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Very true, and they will just be deleted. 25 AP is so much! That is more than a developer gets for submitting a game! It seems like people could take the extra minute it takes to get a merit on a good review. Probably quicker than spamming 12 times anyways :)

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 2:42pm

tribalwarrior419

tribalwarrior419

16 posts

I agree. It annoys me when the comments are just random letters or some random statement not really related to the game. Comments should be at least one line long.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 3:13pm

John

John

366 posts

Knight

Just keep flagging the short comments.  We will delete them, and people will lose points.

Posted Apr 4, '08 at 6:57am

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

Ya like coheed and nick_coolhaha they put lots of comments

Reply to Bring the Quality of the Forums to the Games

You must be logged in to post a reply!