ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt & Music Rules - Read Before Posting

17 9639
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

The Art & Music category is here for artists and musicians to share their work and get feedback on it. Please make sure you follow these rules before creating a new topic:

- Do not claim others work as your own! It is stealing!

- No discussion of popular musicians (Celebrities). Instead use the Movies and Music category.

- No threads about images you find online. (Funny/strange/creepy pictures from Google images)

- Do not post a comment consisting only of a single image.

Further reading from NoNameC68

• 17 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

All hail dank for reclaiming the forum!

Muddle
Muddle
104 posts
Nomad

Thank you, dank

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Great Dank!I love it.

gablaltorax
gablaltorax
84 posts
Nomad

[b]not sure why there saying ty but im nic in always open to saying thanks....for somthing....

NightmareMachine
NightmareMachine
5 posts
Nomad

I don't understand one thing: if i want to post a song, must I do a new topic?

Cheef
Cheef
188 posts
Nomad

Awesome rules dank, fair and not to strict!

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

ty for this forum.
fair rules.

r4z2
r4z2
13 posts
Nomad

What about videos, does that count as art...?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

It depends what kind of video, as long as it is your video that you created... and as long as it has a point (do not post videos of you and yoru friends goofing off or anything) then I do not see why you couldn't.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Also make sure the video is apropriate.

r4z2
r4z2
13 posts
Nomad

Appropriate? I like making special effects, I don't see how it could be inappropriate. Unless the art and music has to be about games?

Svulle_revenged
Svulle_revenged
7 posts
Peasant

Great job dank!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Actually, I have a question that could do with some public exposure...

It is said now that this is the place for submitting art and music, whereas talking about it belongs in the Movies and Music section. However the classification seems to preclude discussion of art itself, or music in a more critical/theoretical sense.

The Movies and Music section I thought was for the discussion of popular culture, in that vernacular, whereas this was more the forum for actual participation, which could include a different kind of discussion, such as art critique.

What say you, mods? I'm under the impression that there are a few artists here- not that many, but a few, but possibly their voices might be stifled by the ambiguity of the rules.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

It is said now that this is the place for submitting art and music, whereas talking about it belongs in the Movies and Music section. However the classification seems to preclude discussion of art itself, or music in a more critical/theoretical sense.

This is a place for submitting and discussing art and music, though any fan talk should stay in the movies and music section.
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

WOOT! good job dank!

Showing 1-15 of 17