ForumsGames[NECRO] Best Goverment On Colony?

227 55199
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

It's me again. So I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I personally think "Capitalist" In the chat, everyone says "Fascist"
I wanna know what you think.
(I hope this does not result in a flame war...)

• 227 Replies
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

I agree firetail, that's why I use capitalist for Outpost, as Hovers build fast regardless and are drain resources fast. However, as forge on the other hand, all the units build slow and are cheap, so I opt for fascist for the faster build speed. As capitalist, you can endlessly make glads if you want, but they build so slow without the build speed boost that they're useless unless your making an army of only gladiators (which would be destroyed by hovers easy).

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The Sakata family builds quite quick for forge, and romans are as well.
And to sum things up, gladiators are useless anyways.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Yes, Glads are useless anyways, so bad example by me.

Phantoms don't build that quick though, so I still prefer the fascist for Forge.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I just realized that groditz have a longer range than phantoms and can outrange base weapons...I don't think phantoms are worth their cost...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

However, groditz are killed very easily - whereas the only surefire way to take out phantoms is with sakatas. Also, phantoms are more damaging than groditz. AND, groditz have more units that trump them - chronite tanks, hover tanks, gladiators, massed romans, sakata spiders, and black queens kill groditz very easily, whereas phantoms are only weak against queens, aa, and to a certain extent scouts.

Phantoms cost more because they're a better unit overall. More damage, less danger of killage.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I guess so, but keep in mind groditz can shoot both ground and air, whereas phantoms can only shoot ground.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

. . .however, phantoms do a lot of damage to ground & base. Groditz are only really useful as an anti-air unit, because they can only really kill marines and romans on the ground, and they have much less endurance. They're close in cost to phantoms, but in the end just can't match up for quality.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Groditz are useful as an anti-air unit?

Last I checked, 5 phantoms vs. 5 groditz... 5 phantoms win.

Groditz are sub-par at anti-ground and sub-par at anti-air. They are a jack of all trades, master of none.

If I was playing outpost, I wouldn't waste resources on groditz, it's quite unfortunate but true, the only useful unit late game for outpost is the hover tank.

I mean, the fact that missiles exist prevents all units besides the hover and queen from being useful (missiles will one shot all outpost units save for hover+queen). And of course, queens are also weak against sakatas and hovers, so they in turn, are made useless as well.

Late game is pretty much a combo of hovers, phantoms, and sakatas. Sakatas are bar none the best anti-air unit in the game. Phantoms are air-based and anti-ground, Hovers are ground-based and anti-ground.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Close cost?

Groditz = 5 + 16 = 21
Phantom = 23 + 5 + 3 = 31

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Still though, I'd much rather have phantoms than groditz, even if they less. Also, Groditz do cost 16 manpower, manpower is more important to an outpost player than money is to a forge player. Forge is always a balance between money and energy, if you have excess money, phantoms, if you have excess energy, sakatas. Meanwhile, Hovers eat up manpower for breakfast, so I wouldn't waste manpower on groditz.

Just to make my point on why Groditz aren't as valuable as phantoms in my opinion, I'll list the units that each unit is weak to.

Groditz:
Chronite Tanks
Snipers
Hover Tanks
Black Queens
Phantoms (pound for pound, Phantoms beat Groditz every time)
Gladiators
Sakata Spiders (not that you'd ever use them though)
Missiles

Phantoms:
Black Queens
Scouts
Sakata Mk IIs
Gladiators (kind of... pretty cloes matchup actually)
Missiles

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Groditz are only weak to snipers when there's a huge group, they're naturally good against infantry...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Groditz are useful as an anti-air unit?

They destroy scouts pretty easily. Phantoms, however, cannot be topped by groditz most of the time.

Groditz are only weak to snipers when there's a huge group, they're naturally good against infantry...

Snipers outrange groditz, AND their weapons are anti-chronite. If you put a few snipers in the hands of a skilled player against some groditz in the hands of a skilled player, the snipers would win every time.

Yeah . . . a glad can kill 1 phantom and die by a 2nd one with no meditecs, so glads win out very slightly.

Groditz really aren't very good overall. Like Eddy said, they're jack of all trades, master of none. They aren't really "good" against particularly anything.
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Snipers can be microed easily to destroy groditz (or just about anything save for hovers and phantoms).

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Eddy is right.

Groditz realy just aren't worth their weight in battle, unless the enemy is building an army of scouts and marines.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Jerry, I, as capitalist, beat you in 1 vs 1 :P
I use capitalist for both outpost and forge.

That's cause i suck in 1 on 1s. Also, if you make buildings faster you'll get the resources before anyone else does. If you make units and structures faster, same thing. You stop your units when you want to and go back to producing earlier than anyone else building at the same rate. (Yes i know you'd have less resources but if you have a sufficient amount it doesn't matter).
I am very tired -_-. 11 pm over here.
Showing 16-30 of 227