Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Raceism

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 7:25am

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

I am a black and I am really against raceism ,ive been discriminated many times and lots of pople at my scholl are raceist,it really hurts whne some one call you the N word,know if its one of my black friends i dont care but if its a white it makes me mad and sad,raceism is still a big issue in
North America.And people like obamba could stop that.What does everyone else thnk of it?

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 7:52am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

Why do you discriminate against spell check?

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 8:07am

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

Well I feel sorry for the english teacher that tought you how to spell the word. xP

Anyway, I've encountered Racism too, Since I'm not exactly white.. or christian. It really sucks and its hard to get past. >.> Still, You get through life. I'm not sure if Obama could do it, he might make an influence on others that black people aren't that bad.

I dunno. >.>

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 9:00am

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,814 posts

Why does the use of the 'N' word only bother you when white people use it?  It's a terribly offensive word and thanks so to fantastic civil rights leaders it had become a "bad word."
But suggesting that only white people can't call you that seems to demean what African Americans have fought for - especially in the later half of the 20th century.
What if a Latino called you that? Or a Native American?  Yes it's still a racist country, but until you recognize what actions facilitate discrimination and racism - it will continue.  Not by people like me, but people who just can't or won't understand.

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 5:29pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

Can you guys stop making a bid deal about spelling ,god you guys are like my teachers so picky about words

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 5:49pm

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

Your post is why they're picky eddie...

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 5:50pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

Lol, its not that. But people expect you to spell the simplest of words, or you kinda seem like a moron. xP

Yeah, Discrimination is pretty harsh. Blacks give it a name for themselves. Being Gangsta is their home-life. They chose to be rather more rough and rude than anything else.

Onward, the "N" word is used by just about every kid in my school with a  bit of a crowd. Blacks say it to each other, Latinos even though their brown. Only when whites and some latinos say it its considered racist, but Heck I know if someone in my school said "Sup Mah N_____" No one would care.  As long as the speaker wasn't white.

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 5:52pm

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

I meant his bad grammar/spelling...not racism!

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 5:57pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Bah. I don't believe in all this PC bull. The "N" word isn't a bad word. No word is really a bad word, it's only the connotation that makes them socially unacceptable. The historical connotations associate it with racism, but no one alive today ever owned slaves. No one alive today was ever a slave or ever MET a slave, at least not from this country. Why is it that we are required to be so careful with our choice of words? We shouldn't have to worry about offending anyone, and the fact that we do only proves that racism still exists - and the MOST racist people are the ones who believe they are being "discriminated" against.

Posted Mar 31, '08 at 6:28pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

Yeah, I guess. But not all the times. I would knwo. >.< also, your right, not all words are bad. But I'm not going all out with that, since, I'm pretty sure the "F" word is pretty socially unacceptable, at least, when your in the real world.

Its not about slaves, since, the N word was far after slavery. I'm pretty sure you can meet someone who's been discriminated against.