ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.Raceism

55 9300
Spartan
Spartan
2,930 posts

I am a black and I am really against raceism ,ive been discriminated many times and lots of pople at my scholl are raceist,it really hurts whne some one call you the N word,know if its one of my black friends i dont care but if its a white it makes me mad and sad,raceism is still a big issue in
North America.And people like obamba could stop that.What does everyone else thnk of it?

• 55 Replies
DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
257 posts

Why do you discriminate against spell check?

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,563 posts

Well I feel sorry for the english teacher that tought you how to spell the word. xP

Anyway, I've encountered Racism too, Since I'm not exactly white.. or christian. It really sucks and its hard to get past. >.> Still, You get through life. I'm not sure if Obama could do it, he might make an influence on others that black people aren't that bad.

I dunno. >.>

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,411 posts

Why does the use of the 'N' word only bother you when white people use it? It's a terribly offensive word and thanks so to fantastic civil rights leaders it had become a "bad word."
But suggesting that only white people can't call you that seems to demean what African Americans have fought for - especially in the later half of the 20th century.
What if a Latino called you that? Or a Native American? Yes it's still a racist country, but until you recognize what actions facilitate discrimination and racism - it will continue. Not by people like me, but people who just can't or won't understand.

Spartan
Spartan
2,930 posts

Can you guys stop making a bid deal about spelling ,god you guys are like my teachers so picky about words

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
164 posts

Your post is why they're picky eddie...

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,563 posts

Lol, its not that. But people expect you to spell the simplest of words, or you kinda seem like a moron. xP

Yeah, Discrimination is pretty harsh. Blacks give it a name for themselves. Being Gangsta is their home-life. They chose to be rather more rough and rude than anything else.

Onward, the "N" word is used by just about every kid in my school with a bit of a crowd. Blacks say it to each other, Latinos even though their brown. Only when whites and some latinos say it its considered racist, but Heck I know if someone in my school said "Sup Mah N_____" No one would care. As long as the speaker wasn't white.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
164 posts

I meant his bad grammar/spelling...not racism!

Megamickel
Megamickel
946 posts

Bah. I don't believe in all this PC bull. The "N" word isn't a bad word. No word is really a bad word, it's only the connotation that makes them socially unacceptable. The historical connotations associate it with racism, but no one alive today ever owned slaves. No one alive today was ever a slave or ever MET a slave, at least not from this country. Why is it that we are required to be so careful with our choice of words? We shouldn't have to worry about offending anyone, and the fact that we do only proves that racism still exists - and the MOST racist people are the ones who believe they are being "discriminated" against.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,563 posts

Yeah, I guess. But not all the times. I would knwo. >.< also, your right, not all words are bad. But I'm not going all out with that, since, I'm pretty sure the "F" word is pretty socially unacceptable, at least, when your in the real world.

Its not about slaves, since, the N word was far after slavery. I'm pretty sure you can meet someone who's been discriminated against.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
408 posts

Look, most of the reason there is racism in America is because of stereotypes, both personal and those presented by the media. I mean, if I showed someone a picture of a young black man and asked him where this person lives, he probably would say "South Central". Why? Because when they think of South Central, they think of black and hispanic gangs in a turf war. It's just sad because I have too many friends that could be in the picture in my analogy.

Jordanhasgerms
Jordanhasgerms
158 posts

Honestly I don't think that there is much racism anymore!
I mean the only people that are racist are the ones that are scared to change or are use to the old times.
Society today believes in equal rights and I think that everybody is treated the exact same.
Having a black president just shows you how blacks are just as equal as a white president they can express their views in the exact same way as whites so I think that the racism is really really low and may not even occur in a handful of states.
So in all reality racism isn't anything to be scared about you could just be over reacting bc your teacher thinks that you can't spell and you think that they're just being racist but in reality you just can't spell!

Crunk88
Crunk88
126 posts

Its still racism if a black person calls another black person a N****. So weather ur hurt because u feel that only black people are entitled to say that word you are wrong. Im not a racist but i find it really disrespectful when another black person calls me a n****, im not a slave and i never was and neither were you. Its not like im going to call an English person a limey or an Italian a wop. Black people in general are putting racism on themselves by calling each other a n**** when there not, its just stupid(rap music doesnt help). I dont se white people going around and sayin "whats up ma skin head", or "yo sup whity" like f*** have some respect for yourselves.

Phluphyphill
Phluphyphill
28 posts

It is a good cause, but please learn to spell the words

jrvc92
jrvc92
16 posts

you start to feel sad after 1 measly person calls you a word? you let them get to you? wow thats all i gotta say wow

madgamer012
madgamer012
785 posts

Words have more power than you would think. In the U.S., elections, the canidates give a speech, and they try to convince the viewers to vote for them. so words have power jrvc92 ( and sometimes the canidates haveno political experiance so you get the point with my example)...(hopefully)

Showing 1-15 of 55