ForumsThe TavernHockey VS. Soccer

105 29262
Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

I put this up because my tons of my family and friends argue about hockey being better than soccer or soccer being better than hockey. Please give reasons why hockey or soccer is better.

• 105 Replies
Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

Were talking about ice hockey kamard.

enigma117
enigma117
40 posts
Nomad

Soccer all the way!!!!!!!

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

maybe because i'm european and here hockey is not so popular

Ahhhhh, depends which part of Europe. We've got Finland, Denmark, Latvia and Sweden on board
Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

Hockey and Soccer are tied for votes.

budokai1694
budokai1694
256 posts
Peasant

soccer is a way better sport then hockey. soccer is the most played sport worldwide. hockey cant be played across most of world year round due to temperature issues. hockey has 3 periods what effing sport has 3 periods in a game? and hockey uses way to much padding. be a man and take some of it off like soccer players do

Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

soccer is in the led with one more vote.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

and hockey uses way to much padding. be a man and take some of it off like soccer players do

HAHAHAHA! Too much padding? You don't under stand the size of the bodies and the strength of those players checking others into the boards and over the boards. Hockey arenas have glass all around to keep the puck in play, sometimes that glass shatters from hits. Injuries are a huge problem in the NHL and the padding can't be removed or there will be deaths.

What about soccer? Ouch...I fell down on the grass. Oh no! I twisted my ankle! That's not the same as getting your neck sliced open by a razor sharp skate and having to be rushed to emergency, getting your nose shattered by a 110mph slap shot.

hockey has 3 periods what effing sport has 3 periods in a game

Hockey, and Basketball. Plus, all sports have different methods of timing. NFL has 4 quarters and 2 halves. Soccer has two halves. Basketball has 3 quarters. Baseball has 9 innings. What effing sport has 9 innings? Baseball.

hockey cant be played across most of world year round due to temperature issues

Yes it can, most arenas are INDOORS. An new arena just opened up in Afghanistan. A Chinese hockey league is starting thanks to the help of the San Jose Sharks.
ComradeGamer
ComradeGamer
383 posts
Nomad

Ice Hockey! (Coming from a Hockey player)

Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

Looks like hockey is winning.

Only a few more days and I will say the winner!

REAMER
REAMER
7 posts
Nomad

hockey is waaay cooler

Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

Okay Hockey won by a couple of votes.

If you haven't voted you still can.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Okay Hockey won by a couple of votes.

Darn rights

Hockey. I love it.
St.Louis...
Playing it is sexy too.

Darn rights again

All the male hockey players get the women =P + women playing hockey is....what word could possibly decribe it? Delicious. Don't knock me, that's the only way I could describe it xD
Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

Both are stupid FOREIGN sports >.<

jk I <3 both of them.... well not really but I tolerate them.

Anyways,

Hockey = boring, boring, FIGHT, boring. Sometimes it's exciting but ya.

Soccer = same exact thing.

Hockey is more brutal than Soccer but they basically wear armor. Soccer just wears padding. but soccer isn't as brutal..... I CAN'T CHOOSE....... ummmmmmm

both games the fans get drunk a lot but I think soccer fans are more bad a$$ and cheer way better and louder.

finally a tie breaker, ding ding ding. Soccer wins in my opinion by a little bit.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Soccer wins in my opinion by a little bit.

It's like...I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!!!!

*tears*

I think I need to eat some rocky road ice cream....
Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

lmfao.

Well I mean they're the same sport basically, soooooooo ya. One just uses sticks and one uses feet. Soccer fans are just way better fans in my opinion and that's what swayed me

Sorry whole country of Canada

Showing 31-45 of 105