Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Religion's Creation

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 12:29pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Mega, yea I live in Texas. Well, I'm from there and travel home about once a month. I currently attend school else where. I was home this past weekend though! But, yes in a lot of the rural areas of Texas are just as bad as the Bible belt here in the southeast.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 3:47pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

This multiverse thing, I have read about that the multiverses could be traveled to through black holes. I'm not totally sure about this, but I read that if you get caught in a black hole, you could actually get to another universe. It had something to do with the stretching of space from the power of the black hole.

Sorry to go WAY off topic, but I was trying to understand.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 3:59pm

garifu

garifu

172 posts

I think if I got stuck in a black hole, I would get condensed into a singularity, which to me sounds irreversible. Ouch!

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 3:59pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,855 posts

Multiverses are proposed because of some consequences of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.  There are particles that actually have multiple states until observed, when their state becomes fixed.  This lost information violates other principles and so to compensate for this, the theory of a mulitverse was proposed.  From what I understand, it helps some other physics work out too, but I wouldn't know what theories or why it helps.
Just to be clear, if you enter into a black hole, you won't make it out - into another universe or anywhere.  Black holes used to be quite exotic but compared to things astronomers are discovering and researching now, they're just "old sandboxes."  All a multiverse has to do is to retain information, and travel between different accidents of a multiverse is just out of the question.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 4:07pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Well then what I was thinking of was worm holes. I'm not totally into those. I don't really believe that you could actually get to another universe. Some say that the worm holes bend time so you could go back in time or into the future.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 4:43pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

I lives in texas, Don't tell me I'm close-minded. xP

Also, I believe in extra-terrestrial life. Well, that is, I believe whatever god intended to make. Since, in both Islam and Christianity its a proven fact that god is creator of all that he has made. And with more knowledge, we can tell that he's made more beings than us. Then -- why can't we see that he coulda made something else?

If you are aethist -- Then I suppose its jus a personal question.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 7:17pm

Sting

Sting

339 posts

Wow there were alot of posts while I was gone haha.  I would like to say good job on replying to my comment, Moegreche, that would be a merit-worthy forum post, if there were some things.

I also believe the end times are near.  Although the Bible states no man (not even Jesus) will know the time, only God knows, there are many signs in Revelation and the current events that are happening that could indicate they are near.  Just a side-note there for other people of Christian/similar beliefs. 

As for black holes, um.... what?  I do not think I will ever be 'sucked' into a black hole, so I'm not going to worry about that.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 11:13pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Moe, this is definitely now the "cosmology" thread, but I gotta ask- would we be on the same conceptual plane that throws up things like the Boltzmann-brains paradox and multidimensional reality theory? Last I head, somebody (I think it was Prof. Itzhak Bars, USC) was working on suggesting that there are extra dimensions of time, which actually helps iron out a great deal of physics mysteries.

Simple explanation can be found here-

http://www.physorg.com/news98468776.html

Posted Apr 4, '08 at 12:43am

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,855 posts

That's so funny.  I posted a Boltzmann-brain thread here a while back.  There another good one that postulates that it is quite probable that we are just computer simulations - and apparently this author has found physical inconsistencies that would prove this theory.