ForumsThe Tavern[necro]What language are you learning?

30 7945
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

This is a post for anybody who is currently learning a foreign language, or knows a foreign language. (Foreign as in a language different than what you grew up speaking) Just put what language(s) you're learning/have learned.

I'm currently learning Latin, I know some Spanish, and I know some Greek (Classical Greek, and just the alphabet. This is my username: ÎÏιοÎ&frac12

• 30 Replies
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Stupid symbols.

Not you, BannedIn98765420

playaholic
playaholic
1,098 posts
Farmer

english and chinese,which has even stupider symbols

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Arabic, which I think I perfected other than the accent.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I am not learning any language, cause I think I know enough.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I know English... and I am quite fluent in french. I also know a bit of Spanish and I'm learning it more in class this semester.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Lessee. English, German (to an extent), hoping to get myself together and learn Russian, Faroe..n, Icelandic, Finnish, possible Japanese and Spanish... Since I am not very good at German, I doubt I will be any better at any of the other, though.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Swedish, Engish, Spanish, Japanese.. Well, I am going to learn Japanese soon... Hopefully.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

well, actually I already know a bit of Japanese, Italian, German, Finish, Icelandic, and I think that's all I can think of at the moment. I also know a little French.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I know english, french, can get by in german(am also now taking a course), and learning spanish, and considering korean

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Other than my native English, I speak almost fluent Greek (although my reading and writing skills are poor due to the cyrillic alphabet.)

shayblyth
shayblyth
135 posts
Nomad

gwrman

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

cyrillic alphabet

We don't have a Cyrillic alphabet!
The Greek alphabet is the first and oldest alphabet in the narrow sense that it notes each vowel and consonant with a separate symbol.
The Cyrillic alphabet was based on the Greek uncial script, but it's not Greek!
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I tried learning German (mainly becasue it mas compulsory at my school) and failed miserably I've never been good at foreing language (except when I go abroard on holiday and English is the foreign language :P). I would like to leanr Latin at some point in my life too though.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Time to speak Latin now:
Alea iacta est
Veni, vidi, vici
Senatus Populusque Romanus
etc.
Enough Latin for today.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have to admit though that I have learned more Latin form reading Asterix than from school.

Showing 1-15 of 30