ForumsGamesDo we need a Colony 2?

616 183091
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Just wondering what you think. Remember tell why if we need Colony 2 or not.

So,what do you think?

• 616 Replies
demonking555
demonking555
1 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be a Colony 2. To me, after mission 6, the game got boring. Other than online play, there is nothing to do. I hope there is either a second colony, or more missions.
I wonder what colony's creator thinks about this topic...

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Online play is really what Colony is about..you can't get the same difficulty/fun from the capaings a lot...

Well, we get a new storyline, but we can get new campaigns through an update. 2nd colony would require an overhaul of the game, which is good righ tnow.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The campaign could have a better ending. But yes, multiplayer is the thing, mostly.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

We have a colony 2.

lockstr
lockstr
93 posts
Farmer

/agree with firetail_madness

Demarius
Demarius
160 posts
Peasant

I think we need a Colony 2 because there are many things that need to be fixed in Colony. We need more variety of units, buildings, and game settings. Also, the hacking is still a problem and it has been one ever since Colony came out. Also, the story line in Colony was very broing and hard to understand. Krin should definetly fix that.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

We don't need a colony 2, just get starcraft, much better and longer and has a much better multiplayer.

sinuscontrol
sinuscontrol
118 posts
Nomad

stop comparing colony to starcraft. the whole purpose of colony is b/c its flash based. if i wanted a full front computer game to play i wouldnt be on AG

alexhandru
alexhandru
88 posts
Nomad

It will be amazing when it will be colony 2 and a new race.

darkdrone
darkdrone
24 posts
Peasant

[i]the idea of have a colony 2 it's cool

but we dont need it for now

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

If a Colony 2 were to be released...this is probably things I would want:

Health bars visible on screen...like little green bars above the guys. Perhaps only shown if you select units. I find it a nuisance to check on the toolbar for health bar.

A New Government with new advantages. Also: Implement units that can ONLY be used by certain governments. Have each of these special units be a counter to another specific unit...hence you can't have just one best special unit.

I was wondering whether it would be good to implement a lane system? Perhaps 3 lanes for units? This might not be such a good idea...but I thought I'd put it down.

New buildings? Upgraded Armory? Make it the most expensive upgrade, but also make the most resources...for example 15 resources per 9 seconds.

New Game Modes: For example, a game with NO influence units.

All of these, however, are unnecessary, Colony is plenty alive. Make another server and keep upgrades coming and Colony 2 would be unnecessary.

justjake274
justjake274
10 posts
Nomad

Yes.

Colony 2 would be good, if they improved upon the first by adding more building types/units etc., and adding more customization methods for games, such as how many property spaces there could be, and a hacker detection thingy.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Yeah one thing that would be nice even if just in current colony would be able to have custom gametypes, where you could select which units/buildings you want to be available.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Lane system woul dkill colony.

Colony 2 = OVERHAUL OF GAME, HUGE DIFFERENCE FROM COLONY 1

What everyone's suggesting here is err...UPDATES.
Of course, if lanes were to be put in, that's big enough of a change to be colony 2.

Aaaaand no we don't need colony 2.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

i say yes, colony 2 would be better and players who quit early back when the game had 5 ranks, would see Oh hey there is a second one and could play with their old friends again, where as the original colony people wouldnt know there were updates and such, plus they could introduce other teams and such.

Showing 211-225 of 616