ForumsGamesDo we need a Colony 2?

616 183074
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Just wondering what you think. Remember tell why if we need Colony 2 or not.

So,what do you think?

• 616 Replies
jjconquerer
jjconquerer
1 posts
Peasant

YES!!

hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

Yeah we do, colony 2 would help colony become more popular. Updates from time to time would make it even more interesting and keep many people hooked.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

So after 4 years... I'm finally changing my point of view, we definitely need Colony 2 because Colony is slowly deteriorating. However I do not think it should be made on the path that Krin is currently planning it to be made on.

If Colony had some balancing updates, then we could see a jump of people play too however. I just dont think that it will be enough to get people back into the game.

If Krin is reading this however... please add something for weekly tournaments or something of the sorts, and a spectators mode please.

ricko427
ricko427
4 posts
Nomad

As a person that plays Colony quite frequently, I absolutely believe that we need a Colony 2. Colony (original) is still very prone to hackers and is still very glitchy (such as players going null, game freezes), so a Colony 2 would be great, especially for the new content (and maybe bug fixes).

xejis
xejis
1 posts
Nomad

I don't think we need colony 2 or even a stream of updates he just needs to fix all the bugs make a better campaign and he is done instead of just leaving it full of bugs.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If Krin is reading this however... please add something for weekly tournaments or something of the sorts, and a spectators mode please.
Should also add a mode for more casual players.

I suck at rts competitively, but like the genre. (on a good day in a game with a lobby system like colony, I might win a game)

reason i stick to the arcade in starcraft.

~~~Darth Caedus
cjkel01
cjkel01
1 posts
Farmer

i think we should add a colony 2 becuse of the advance AI chat systum and also i cant spell right D:

kashoople
kashoople
71 posts
Blacksmith

Colony two would be really good

QuantumX says:

'I really hope for colony2 but I am all to well aware how wrong it could go. Colony is a masterpiece, what I want from colony two is more freedom and mobile maps (the base starts of as a cubic sakata spider that sits down and makes buildings). You could do so much with this concept (multiple bases, different number of empty buildings e.c.t.). Add a few extra unit, balance the current ones and it would be awesome. What I don't want is too many entirely new units and overcomplicated game mechs that dont allow for as much skill.'

that is also my opinion

Ghold
Ghold
4 posts
Nomad

i don't know. what bugs me is on online play when a player quits out. You can't take control of their field. If that was possible it'd be great. Of course new units. But if colony is constantly updated that'd be great

Why not make them get replaced by a CPU? Not as good as an actual, intelligent human, but definitely better than nothing.

Has the conversation in this thread pretty much died?

Do we need a Colony 2?
Yes, a Colony 2 is definitely a good idea. Unfortunately, Colony "Classic" would pretty much die in the process. It'd be like upgrading to an arsenal so you can continue to spam marines. This really isn't a super valid point however, as if Colony was simply updated, older versions would not only be obsolete, but entirely unplayable.
On the description of Krin's page, he states that he is working on Colony 2. This could be outdated or joking information, considering that the idea sounds ridiculous, but I think there are definitely some things that can be changed in Colony for the better.

But, what should be in Colony 2? Here are a few problems mentioned on the thread that I saw, and a potential fix for them.

i don't know. what bugs me is on online play when a player quits out. You can't take control of their field. If that was possible it'd be great.

That would be OP if you could control 8 squares, yet also hard to manage. It really wouldn't work. Why not make them get replaced by a CPU? Not as good as an actual, intelligent human, but definitely better than nothing. The only other thing would be for people to volunteer to replace players mid-game in the lobby when they leave, which would catch them off-guard and make them stuck with whatever crap the abandoner left them with.

YES THERE ARE ALOT OF HACKER OUT THERE!

Also, some anti-hacking (I think) has been put in a Colony update, but if the code for it was even more secure that would be nice.

Sorry for rambling, hope this pretty much sums up everything.
Ghold
Ghold
4 posts
Nomad

Seriously needed to clean up my last post, I see duplicates and other things that make me want to throw up now...

Ghold
Ghold
4 posts
Nomad

Excatly. You lose everything. If there was a Colony 2. Probably barely any people will play it because they are not a rank 6-7 or 8 anymore.

Definitely a good point. The "Colony Classic" rank could be something that saves over to Colony 2, though I suppose that would take a lot of work, and I really know nothing about coding. To make this better, at the release of Colony 2, Colony 1 ranks cannot be made to be higher through playing either version. Thus, people with insanely high ranks would keep this, and be the only ones with those really high ranks.
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I dont think ranks would be an issue now... the games so old that it would pretty much just give everyone who started playing a year ago a good months work ahead of the new people to Colony 2. Also with all the glitches that reset the ranks in Colony, I know nobody cares about ranks. The only one people are concerned about is people with rank 10 emblem... People are just too lazy to type /stats to find out whether or not the person hacks.

alexdem123
alexdem123
1 posts
Nomad

i would love colony 2

Governer
Governer
3 posts
Nomad

If Colony was constantly updated Colony 2 would not be needed. When Monarchy came out there was a new build every week. If Colony had updates like that every so often it would keep people interested in the game. In addition help keep noobs that can't keep up with the newest builds from thinking they're even slightly good.

If Krin is going to be an *** and not update Colony, I sure hope he makes a second Colony.

paskal1000
paskal1000
1 posts
Nomad

Yes we need colony 2 because colony now is not popular.There are thousand of people which looking in this forum.They want colony back

Showing 571-585 of 616