Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

pretty hard game i even started on Madagascar and lost even worse lol

HellioZ
HellioZ
96 posts
Nomad

we need to get all symptom that increases infectivity and all transmissions once they start making vaccines or shutting down airport and shipyards, but this probably wont increase infection dramatically. that is what i suggest and not a "must".

HellioZ
HellioZ
96 posts
Nomad

I want to know is a massive death can close hospitals ?

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Making high resistance doesn't work, because when too many are infected you completely lose control.

When too many are infected you can no longer spread to unaffected areas, so you should keep the duration of global spreading as long as possible.

As I've already said you NEED to reduce the speed of spread to get high chances of infecting every realm. By removing spreading traits, adding some highly visible traits, you can slow down the spread considerably. If you have too high resistance however, there is no way to control.

kamrad
kamrad
564 posts
Nomad

Making high resistance doesn't work, because when too many are infected you completely lose control.

When too many are infected you can no longer spread to unaffected areas, so you should keep the duration of global spreading as long as possible.

As I've already said you NEED to reduce the speed of spread to get high chances of infecting every realm. By removing spreading traits, adding some highly visible traits, you can slow down the spread considerably. If you have too high resistance however, there is no way to control.

I tried your idea, well I did at least what I thought you said, I started as a virus, chose only the traits that give visibility, apart from coughing, and had no resistance what so ever, I started in the United States and I only have on average 28 people infected each day for 44 days, and the government of the USA has closed down all the airports, school and shipyards, and is the only place infected. So I don't understand how this is supposed to spread with only visibility?
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

I tried your idea, well I did at least what I thought you said, I started as a virus, chose only the traits that give visibility, apart from coughing, and had no resistance what so ever, I started in the United States and I only have on average 28 people infected each day for 44 days, and the government of the USA has closed down all the airports, school and shipyards, and is the only place infected. So I don't understand how this is supposed to spread with only visibility?

You've mistook my idea. At first, you need to spread it or the number of infection cannot increase. Pick two spreading method and give them basic resistance. Then, buy the increase spread traits (so you can remove them later).

Once the total number of infection is high enough (about 0.5% population of the area), quickly remove the spreading traits and increase its visibility to slow down the spread. This will prolong the cross-area spreading period that greatly increase your chance of succeeding.
kamrad
kamrad
564 posts
Nomad

Alright i will try that then, but what type of disease do you recommend.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

So far I've played virus, because of the high infection trait it is better to not upgrade much resistance (better have level one or zero) or slowing it down would be extremely difficult. Just choose two mediums, bump up tier1 and tier2 increase spread traits to unleash it. If it still doesn't increase, add a base resistance upgrade or two should do the trick.

Starting location doesn't matter too much, here is a pic of a "win condition":
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5985/pandemic2.jpg

daleksparta
daleksparta
1,648 posts
Nomad

nice one nozo.

Kill Madagascar for us!

Noxus
Noxus
1 posts
Nomad

there are also walkthroughs on the game on Youtube.
heres one of them: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv2dTe9tN6o&feature=related]

Clezv
Clezv
1 posts
Nomad

low visibility till you infected every country then BOOM! with resistance already maxed up there no way you don't win anyway good game.

DragonFire5000
DragonFire5000
5 posts
Nomad

It's very hard to infect Madagascar! If you start there there is a good chance you will win.

88 posts
Nomad

its very boring and i dont get the concept of the game so i need help i get the concept of the swine flu one but not the other

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I wonder how they find a virus that has no symptoms >.<"
Yeah I pretty much hate Madagascar but selling your symptoms and camping in your country till you get enough points and unleashing hell when they is a disaster and hoping to kill Madagascar works to.

Flagon
Flagon
157 posts
Nomad

Danged Madagascar. I wonder how many people have called their pandemic "Swine Flu" since this game hit AG.

Showing 16-30 of 49