ForumsThe TavernThe Homework Helper

37 6560
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

The purpose of this thread is to help anyone with homework they do not understand. I will try my best to help anyone who needs it. Keep in mind that I am only in the tenth grade, so I may not know the more advanced stuff.

• 37 Replies
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

*ready

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay, I am going to write about the differences between mediation through traditional media and digital media along with how children perceive culture through these media, how to make children friendly information of culture and why culture has to be mediated to children.
Any help?

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

Okay, I have a Romeo and Juliet question for my sister. (Not making this up, I honestly have a sister, in 9th grade, and she is having trouble with this Romeo and Juliet oral presentation assignment from the English teacher.)

See, she has to find a Romeo and Juliet quote, that you can link to recent media events. But you see, the one she picked is, "Romeo, oh romeo, where for art thou romeo" or something like that, and I have no idea on how to link it to recent media, and she refuses to change.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

See, she has to find a Romeo and Juliet quote, that you can link to recent media events. But you see, the one she picked is, "Romeo, oh romeo, where for art thou romeo" or something like that, and I have no idea on how to link it to recent media, and she refuses to change.

Try finding something about racial differences. That is always recent > >
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Fail thread...

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Is this sociology?

Well . . . traditional media always targets children, for they are the most perceivable, if you will. They see something they want, and they whine, cry, and beg until they get it. That's how and why advertisements go after children. Digital media also has influence over children, but not as much as adults. Children can now go online and look up what they see on television, and find more info. on it, causing them to want it more. How to make media more children friendly would be to have more censorship on what is viewed.

I hope that helped. Ask if you need more help or if I wasn't clear.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Soulhack . . . your sister can do something about someone gone missing recently . . .

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Snaz, you did not really answer it.
And no, it is 'Information production and Library evolution' (3rd semester).
So I am just messing with you.

And to make the questions clear, since they must not have been considering your answer (don't have to answer):
Why can digital media be used to mediate culture to children (children being preteens/8-12). Mainly.

Besides that, please do not use all bold in your posts, it is rather annoying to read.

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

your sister can do something about someone gone missing recently . . .

It's not everyday that some one goes missing... >_> (looks up the statistics on google)
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

*Sorry Cenere

*Sorry SoulHack . . .can't you convince your sister to change her quote?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It's not everyday that some one goes missing... >_> (looks up the statistics on google)

We had two persons gone missing in two weeks, one of them being found dead in the harbour...
I cannot see the relation to the quote, though.
Considering it is "Why are you Romeo" and not "Where are you Romeo"...
SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

can't you convince your sister to change her quote?

No, she's being pretty bitchy about it, saying "But I promised my friend's I would use that quote." I swear to god, if I hear her say that one more time I am not going to help her with the essay she has to write to.

PS: Think you can help me come up with a 650 word essay on 'If you were Romeo/Juliet, what would you do differently?'?
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I'll use this then, if I have q's.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Well . . . traditional media always targets children, for they are the most perceivable

Also, if children can be convinced to think a certain way about the product when they're young, when they're adults they'll think back to that product as comforting; or at the very least, will be friendly towards it.
quakingphear
quakingphear
410 posts
Peasant

@Soulhack. When we talked about that quote in class, it was more related to Romeo being of a different family. The next line is "Deny thy father, and refuse thy name" You could probably compare it to kids that elope and get married in Vegas. The "why are you Romeo?" part cenere posted is more accurate. She wants to know why he's a Maontague, and how thats so unfair.

Showing 16-30 of 37