ForumsGamesHalo? Put it here!

1798 353131
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Yup, put your Halo shenanigans here folks. Help make a cleaner, greener forums!

• 1,798 Replies
mottanthony14
mottanthony14
84 posts
Nomad

I have killed a 196 people by sniping on halo 3 on the internet

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Oh and also:

Grav hammer
Energy sword
Shotgun
Sniper
Beam rifle
Rocket launcher
Spartan laser
Missile pod

All one hit kill weapons.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Grav hammer
Energy sword

melee weapons, can be countered by BR and sometimes they can't kill you in one hit.

Shotgun

is 1 hit within 5 feet
otherwise 2 hits at 10
4 at 15

Sniper
beam rifle

needs to be a head shot

Rocket launcher

dead on or within 5 feet

spartan laser

avoided easily

Missile pod

avoided even more easily.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

melee weapons, can be countered by BR and sometimes they can't kill you in one hit.

Most of the time they do. You could just as easily say that for all the weapons on the COD list. Different weapons are suitable to different levels.

is 1 hit within 5 feet

Still a 1 hit kill weapon. If the opponent is at 10, you wouldn't bother with the 2nd shot, you'd just melee him. That leads on nicely to the Mauler.

needs to be a head shot

The same can be said of the COD sniiper rifles. The stopping power perk can be countered by juggernaut.

avoided easily

Not if you're in a vehicle. I actually find the laser to be a very effective anti personnel weapon, depending on the map.

avoided even more easily.

Again, not if you're in a vehicle.

We could argue the merits and demerits of the weapons in COD/Halo, all day and we wouldn't reach a meaningful conclusion, mainly because different weapons are suited to different situations. However, I pick COD over Halo, because the player is more actively involved in the tactical side of it. When making your custom class you have choices to make. In Halo, the best weapons are spread over the map, so it is a mixture of luck and skill as to who gets them first.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

My favorite FPS is Bioshock, but that's another discussion.

Halo is good for a non-tactical romp. COD is much more serious in the gameplay and tactics aspect of it. For me, it depends what I'm in the mood for at the moment, though a good deal of the time I go for a single player one anyway :/

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Halo is good for a non-tactical romp. COD is much more serious in the gameplay and tactics aspect of it. For me, it depends what I'm in the mood for at the moment, though a good deal of the time I go for a single player one anyway :/

Agreed. I find Halo much more fun to play with mates,(Sandtrap, low gravity, 300%+ player speed and grav hammers FTW!) COD is a bit more intense.
mottanthony14
mottanthony14
84 posts
Nomad

I can make a warhog fly over a Big hole.With a frag greng,
it flys high!sorry about my spelling.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Sandtrap is a fun map. Also, low grav and high-speed are fun.

On the topic of other good FPS games, Deus Ex is also fun. Only played it twice, though.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I can make a warhog fly over a Big hole.With a frag greng,
it flys high!sorry about my spelling.

The coolest thing I remember from Halo CE, was throwing 1 plasma grenade on the ground, then throwng another on top of it. The first would blow up, sending the second vertically into the air, where it would explode. Fireworks. Good times.

On the topic of other good FPS games, Deus Ex is also fun. Only played it twice, though.

Heard it was excellent. Sadly never got round to playing it.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I personally prefer overshield + rocket launcher jump

I love Halo: Combat Evolved. I downloaded it off Xbox Live. Loooooooove it.

It was a very inventive FPS. Awesome game.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Halo is good for a non-tactical romp

not if you are playing in MLG events for monetary prizes. then it is all about tactics. Im sure Crashout could fill you in more on that. I have only been to 7 events.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

That was cool, but I seem to remember being able to do that on Halo 2 without an overshield. You'd just lose a lot of health and all of your shield.

I love Halo: Combat Evolved. I downloaded it off Xbox Live. Loooooooove it.

Still got the original X box and CE stashed away somewhere. I'll probably crack it out whenI'm an old man and remember the good ol' days.

It was a very inventive FPS. Awesome game.

I'm not sure that it was inventive. Rather, it just improved massively on all the other FPS games out there. It didn't introduce many brand new ideas. Looking back on it though, neither the GC or the PS2 had anything that could get close to Halo in that department. It was lightyears ahead.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

there is a 3 second immunity to all damage when you get the overshield. (when the shield is charging)
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

not if you are playing in MLG events for monetary prizes. then it is all about tactics. Im sure Crashout could fill you in more on that. I have only been to 7 events.

I have no doubt at that serious a level tactics become very important, but as a game overall, it is less tactical than COD, which is why I prefer the latter personally.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'm not sure that it was inventive. Rather, it just improved massively on all the other FPS games out there. It didn't introduce many brand new ideas. Looking back on it though, neither the GC or the PS2 had anything that could get close to Halo in that department. It was lightyears ahead.

It was one of the first games that blended RPG and FPS and did it well. Also, it had a good story for its time.

It came out 9 years ago, keep in mind.
Showing 46-60 of 1798