Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Halo? Put it here!

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 5:53pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

10,092 posts

My favorite FPS is Bioshock, but that's another discussion.

Halo is good for a non-tactical romp. COD is much more serious in the gameplay and tactics aspect of it. For me, it depends what I'm in the mood for at the moment, though a good deal of the time I go for a single player one anyway :/

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:01pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,302 posts

Halo is good for a non-tactical romp. COD is much more serious in the gameplay and tactics aspect of it. For me, it depends what I'm in the mood for at the moment, though a good deal of the time I go for a single player one anyway :/

Agreed. I find Halo much more fun to play with mates,(Sandtrap, low gravity, 300%+ player speed and grav hammers FTW!) COD is a bit more intense.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:02pm

mottanthony14

mottanthony14

86 posts

I can make a warhog fly over a Big hole.With a frag greng,
it flys high!sorry about my spelling.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:03pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

10,092 posts

Sandtrap is a fun map. Also, low grav and high-speed are fun.

On the topic of other good FPS games, Deus Ex is also fun. Only played it twice, though.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:06pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,302 posts

I can make a warhog fly over a Big hole.With a frag greng,
it flys high!sorry about my spelling.

The coolest thing I remember from Halo CE, was throwing 1 plasma grenade on the ground, then throwng another on top of it. The first would blow up, sending the second vertically into the air, where it would explode. Fireworks. Good times.

On the topic of other good FPS games, Deus Ex is also fun. Only played it twice, though.

Heard it was excellent. Sadly never got round to playing it.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:09pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

10,092 posts

I personally prefer overshield + rocket launcher jump :D

I love Halo: Combat Evolved. I downloaded it off Xbox Live. Loooooooove it.

It was a very inventive FPS. Awesome game.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:14pm

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

Halo is good for a non-tactical romp

not if you are playing in MLG events for monetary prizes. then it is all about tactics. Im sure Crashout could fill you in more on that. I have only been to 7 events.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:15pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,302 posts

That was cool, but I seem to remember being able to do that on Halo 2 without an overshield. You'd just lose a lot of health and all of your shield.

I love Halo: Combat Evolved. I downloaded it off Xbox Live. Loooooooove it.

Still got the original X box and CE stashed away somewhere. I'll probably crack it out whenI'm an old man and remember the good ol' days.

It was a very inventive FPS. Awesome game.

I'm not sure that it was inventive. Rather, it just improved massively on all the other FPS games out there. It didn't introduce many brand new ideas. Looking back on it though, neither the GC or the PS2 had anything that could get close to Halo in that department. It was lightyears ahead.

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:16pm

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

there is a 3 second immunity to all damage when you get the overshield. (when the shield is charging)

Posted Oct 6, '09 at 6:17pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,302 posts

not if you are playing in MLG events for monetary prizes. then it is all about tactics. Im sure Crashout could fill you in more on that. I have only been to 7 events.

I have no doubt at that serious a level tactics become very important, but as a game overall, it is less tactical than COD, which is why I prefer the latter personally.

Reply to Halo? Put it here!

You must be logged in to post a reply!